Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Would you use a Doula? Lock Rss

Hi,

I'm thinking of doing some training to become a doula, but i'm not sure if it would be worth the money and time. I have 3 kids so have very little of both!

So my question is would you use a doula? Here is a link about what a doula is if your unsure. http://www.optimumbirth.com/index.html

I'd love to hear your veiws, and i thought this would be the best place to post this as you are all pregnant!!

Thanks in advance!
Nic

Alex 03, Lauren 05, Matt 07, Cora 09

Hi Nic,

I think they are a wonderful asset to pregnancy. I would have loved to have used one this pregnancy as my husband works away and I will most likely be doing it solo as our area has very limited Doulas. The only one I managed to track down was male and hubby was not too keen on that...

Amanda NSW

Hi there I'm new to this forum thing but your topic caught my eye as I'm currently using a doula and so is my friend who is also pregnant.

So far it's been a good experience and I'd definetly recommend having a doula to anyone. My partner works away and even though he'll be here for the birth it's peace of mind for me to have someone on call before and after the birth as well as having someone who is a hive of information for when we are in hospital and not in the right frame of mind to think decisions through properly.

She is able to go thnrough things with us a bit better than what the hospital staff might and will make sure we understand all our options.

I've also been worried how my husband will cope when I'm inthat much pain and it's good to know she's there to look after both of us

Hope that helps

Take Care Gem, Mannix and Colton

Sign in to follow this topic