Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Labour and Birth
  5. How long before labour started for you?

How long before labour started for you? Rss

Hi Everyone,

I'm 9 days out from my due date and in the last couple of days I have had a show. Very exciting stuff as I was hoping to go into labour naturally but because I have had a c-section in the past, my Ob won't induce me if I go over my due date (which means that I would have to have another c-section). I really want to try and have a natural labour if at all possible so am really excited that things are starting to happen.

I know that when you have a show, real labour could still be weeks away though so I'm wondering if anyone has any experiences of how long between the show and labour actually commencing. My Ob thinks I could go anyday now and doesn't believe I will go past my due date, but I would love to hear stories from anyone.

Thanks.

Yvette
Hi Yvette

After I had a show it was about a week before I went into labour. At my last checkup with the midwife she told me 3 things that could to bring labour on. Hot Bath, Hot Curry, Hot Sex. That night I had a curry meal at my inlaws, and then later I was intimate with my husband. Don't know whether it was coincidence or not but by the next night I was well into labour.

Hope this helps. Goodluck.

Hayley
Hi Yvette, there is a message for you in the "Personal Message" post! I won't repeat it here!
Ans i hope you get it in time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jo
PS My fingers are crossed

mum of 1

Hi Yvette,

I think you are well on the way to a normal vaginal birth, as long as things go to plan. Having a show is a great sign that things are happening for the better.

I hope i am right for you,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your input. Am feeling very emotional today - don't know if that is a sign or not. Can't wait for this baby to get a move along though!

Jo, saw your message and have answered! Thanks for keeping in touch, I really really appreciate it!

Thanks again everyone, I really love hearing your stories.

Yvette
Hiya Yvette,

Sending you labor vibes.......can't wait to hear your news!

Do you know the sex??

Tepe

Another thing to try - acupuncture!!

I was induced with my first as I was 2 weeks over. I was determined to go into labour naturally with number 2. My midwife recommended acupuncture. I went 1 week before I was due, nothing happened. I went when I was due and 6 hours later, pains......1 hour later - full on labour. 1 hour after that - baby boy arrived!!!!

Good luck

Jodie, Qld. Madison (09/09/00), Ashton (22/01/04)

Wow Jodie,

I will definately think of that for next time, sounds good,

Take care,

Tepe

Hi Tepe,

Thanks for the vibes - nothing yet but am feeling very very uncomfortable. Lots of niggling pains etc. so I keep thinking it is pretty close. Then again maybe it's nothing. And no, we don't know the sex. We love surprises so are now very excited to meet this little person whoever he or she might be!

Jodie, sounds interesting. Will see how I go this week and then if nothing will see if I can do something about it!

Thanks.

Yvette
Hi again,

Poor darling, i was hoping to here about your new bundle of joy. Still hoping and sending you my vibes...

If it means anything my cousin had a bubba boy tonight, and her waters broke on tuesday, so she had a good wait too!

Take care,

Tepe

Hi Tepe,

Well my waters broke this morning and I'm having early stage labour contractions which is pretty exciting. Am at home waiting for them to become more regular etc. Will let you know how I go.

Thanks.

Yvette
WOW!
how exciting!
i got so excited for you when i read your post! thinking of you, good luck, take care,

It won't be long and you will be holding your very own little baby!!
sending big ((((HUGS))))!
Again WOW!!!

SaM, EviE NoV 03 AnD TuLLy AuG 05

Sign in to follow this topic