Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Labour and Birth
  5. Modesty During and After giving Birth - May Contain Adult Themes!

Modesty During and After giving Birth - May Contain Adult Themes! Lock Rss

I had this tremendous urge to push for some reason so I started to take my knickers off! Right there in the public lift
\
Hehe, I remember yelling to my husband and the midwife - "get my knickers off!". Amazing what is just instinct.

Having had a 3rd degree tear with ongoing complications, and I have got used to people sticking fingers in both holes, asking me to 'squeeze' - I even had to 'poop' out some radioactive stuff that they stuck up my backside - all in front of the radiologist and nurse while they filmed it on x-ray. Lovely. To be honest - all this has made a cervical smear seem modest!

ok, so im 25wks and absolutely freaking out! this stuff is definately not talked about. since reading some of these posts, i have been asking around to see if anyone is wanting to go through the delivery for me, unfortunately no takers so far, but im still trying.
i guess the biggest thing im freaking about is the tear and the subsequent stitches. i asked my doctor the other day and she advised me to just listen to the midwife and if they tell me to stop pushing when im crowning, to listen to them and stop, and this often prevents, or minimises the tears. can anyone tell me if this is true, and reassure me that it isnt as bad as what im thinking!! blink
Honestly, as all of the mums have said, in the end it all doesn't matter! Apparently if you push when the midwife tells you to it does minimise tearing, but I had an epidural and couldnt feel contractions, therefore didnt know when or how to push, so i tore pretty badly. If you have an epidural and you are still numb down there and you do tear, you wont feel it getting fixed up. I had no idea I even tore until my ex said he had to sit down because i had "just one hole'' and he felt like passing out, hehe. I didn't even care who saw me once my girl was out, i had a whole heap of people with their heads down there because the surgeon couldn't decide which stitches to do, hehe, and I'm a bit of a prude!

this thread is sooo funni, im ttc #2 and im a bit nervous now, my first labour was and absolute dream, although i did poo, i was in the birthing pool and my DF was rubbing my lower back, i started to piss myself laughing and said "ive done a poo" and continued giggling, i have never seen DF move his hand out of the water so fast. thank u for sharing all the storys, ive just wasted a good hour sitting here laughing!!!

ok, so im 25wks and absolutely freaking out! this stuff is definately not talked about. since reading some of these posts, i have been asking around to see if anyone is wanting to go through the delivery for me, unfortunately no takers so far, but im still trying.
i guess the biggest thing im freaking about is the tear and the subsequent stitches. i asked my doctor the other day and she advised me to just listen to the midwife and if they tell me to stop pushing when im crowning, to listen to them and stop, and this often prevents, or minimises the tears. can anyone tell me if this is true, and reassure me that it isnt as bad as what im thinking!! blink

I actually agree with the advice. I just had DS 3 weeks ago, baby number 2. And this time i had the epidural but i could still move my legs and i could feel the contractions. I had a button to press if i needed more pain relief. I liked this so much better than not feeling anything at all. When the head crowned, the midwife told me to stop and do little pushes, about 20 little pushes and his head was out, and then one big push for the body. I only got a graze and recovery had been excellent. I went home that night. So much happier with this birth, than last birth. All the best. It's not as bad as it sounds. tongue
Oh god why did I read this. blink Can you get an enema before you give birth? I don't want to poo in front of anyone. laugh
So with DD I poo'ed during labour...
Apart from that I was ok - I was nude from the waste down and happily showed my bits to my Mum, MIL & Hubby...
Nothing much there

With DS I didnt poo but after giving birth I was told I should shower.. Walking to the shower I was leaving a HUGE trail of blood behind me... I showered whilst I lost what felt like ltrs of blood, my midwife came in and said, you need to sit on the toilet, so doing as she asked I sit on the toilet while she then proceeds to RUB MY TUMMY - WOW!!!! Clot after clot after clot - She stood their for 10minutes while I got rid of a FRICK load of clots, she then insisted I be carried back to bed due to my blood loss and then mentioned to the other midwife on duty that I needed to be watched as i had lost ALOT of blood and was clotting badly.

They made me lay down for some time before I was allowed up and even then I had to insist I was fine - to get up and FAINT on the floor...

Madison Jade 28.08.06 & Kobyn James 20.06.08

nothing as embarrassing as a lot of the previous posts, but I am definitely having a good giggle.

For me, there are 3 embarassing ones that i can remember
1. Internal by obs on due date, needs me to move across the bed, and I swear he was trying to shift me sideways using the hand that was in there.

2. Told by the midwives to stop sucking gas and push instead. Told them that i didn't know how and would just stick to the gas.

3. Got the giggles halfway through pushing and then had to explain why (earlier in day we had done the dishes at home and while DH was drying the tupperware lettuce keeper, he told me that I would be pushing something that big out in a couple of hours) needless to say that popped into my head just when I should have been concentrating on something else.
I farted in the doctors face when he was stitching me up.. blink
with my first son i remember yelling at my mother to get down there as see if she could see his "F**ken head" he ended up being a emergency c section

my daughter 5 weeks prem..... they took her away to nuci my husband went with her and didnt come back for hours after wards.... apparently he was watching her beathing and sleeping....

my last boy... c section
i swear the surgen would have put his foot on the bed if it ment that he got better leverage to get him out.... my son come out with two black eyes and facial brusing.... he also left behind a lot of blood which a sexy house surgen had to get out by hand.... liturally!!!

also i had blood clots about day 14 at home when i was about to go to toilet at the last moment i though hmmmm maybe i should stand in the shower.... four huge clots came sliding out the size of dinner plates............. my 9 year old was home and had to ring the midwife because i couldn't get out of the shower...
I'm pregnant with my first, and it's true people don't tell you any of this stuff.

But how many births are like this?

Are they all like this, embarrassing and humiliating?

How many go smoothly?

I'm under the impression I can ask to have only female staff and minimal people in the room? So far my midwife seems great and might listen to my concerns. I've also told hubby to speak up for me at the time. I know I will just say "OK" when they want extra people to come in and gawk, or check pads and stitches with guests in the room, especially if I am 'out of it'.

I think we will be telling family to not visit in the hospital!

Also, thanks to you all who have shared, muchly appreciated <3 <3, and to the one post who said it isn't always like this ...
These stories are classic !!

When i was in labour with my 2nd, i had a shower at home (2am) before we drove to the hospital, i just felt really uncomfortable if i had undies on so i kept them of and just put shorts on instead. get to hospital am in a wheel chair and had a contraction and opened my legs only to notice there were like 5 people in the emergency ward and all cope a stare.
Than after giving birth the midwife told me to give one last push for the placenta and i pushed but i weee'd instead LMAO !
Sign in to follow this topic