Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

DVT and Clexane Rss

Hi:)

I gave birth to our beautiful little girl Darcy on the 10/11/06. 3 days later I developed a Deep Vein Thrombosis in my left leg and am having Clexane injections for 6 months to thin my blood. I can't believe it happened!!!! Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience, would love to hear about it.

muminlove

Hi Rita,

Firstly, CONGRATULATIONS on Darcy. I haven't had this problem before so I can't really help, but I wanted to say Congrats and also to ask, did the doctors know why you developed dvt? Normally that happens if you sit still for too long or flying.

My mother developed this when she was in hospital but she was in the spinal ward for 8 weeks unable to move. She was on warfarin to thin her blood. That was 12 years ago and she hasn't had any problems since, including when flying.

Good luck with Darcy and everything.
Danielle

QLD DD 2/02 DD 3/03 DD 2/05 Jack 23/3/07

Hi,
Firstly there are a few types of DVT's.
But back to the issue. When I was pg with my DS I developed a six inch blood clot in my groin at 27wks. I injected clexane twice a day until the day he was born. I then went onto warafin, which resulted in an internal bleed.
With this pregnancy I started my clexane injections at 20 weeks, and will do so until and after this baby is born.
Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone.

1 monkey, 1 diva = the love of my life

Hi Rita

my names Shelley and i'm on clexane as well i dont have dvt i have another blood clotting problem called antiphospholipid antibody syndrome.
I started injecting at 9 weeks pregnant and will continue to inject until i give birth in sept. I also take aspirin as well every day thankfully i only have one injection a day.

I had to do this when i was pregnant with my son and will have to do this everytime i get pregnant other wise i have a greater chance of having a m/c.

Shelley Seth and Baby
Sign in to follow this topic