Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

When did your baby engage Lock Rss

Hi

Just wondering when everyones bubs engaged?? i am nearly 38 weeks with my first pregnancy and bub has yet to engage. some people i have spoken to say dont worry sometimes bub only engages when you go into labour, but others have said for first time mums engagement usually happens much earlier (32-33 weeks) during the pregnacy.

i am just a little worried that there is a reason as to why bub has not dropped down,such as she doesnt fit into the pelvis properly???

i would love to hear your experiences

Lea
Post deleted by administrator.
Hi Lea,

I am pregnant with my first and have been told that my bub has engaged and I am 36w6d pregnant.

But what you've heard is true... every pregnancy is different. But typically first borns engaged anywhere from 2 days to 4 weeks before they're born and bubs thereafter don't usually engage till labour starts.

So I wouldn't fret if I were you, you still have time for your bub to engage.

Danielle

at least its heads down. thats got to be somethign write.

my first was engaged at 35 weeks.
i had him at 39 weeks.

my second. well im too early for it to be engaging or going head down. but fingers crossed it does decide to go head down sometime after 30 weeks.

My baby engaged at 33 weeks, but my best friends bub didn't engage until 39 weeks and she had her at 40w4d. I wouldn't worry, some babies don't engage until really late - as long as your doctor is happy I wouldn't worry. Good luck smile
My dd never engaged, apparently my pelvis is quite small!! I ended up with precclampsia (high blood pressure) which started at 38 wks and then by 39 wks is was so high that I had to have her then and there!! As she hadn't engaged at all I only had a 10% chance of successful vaginal delivery if induced, so I chose the caesarian.

Tahlia 9wks

Hi Lea

Don't panic. I have just had my 2nd baby and although I arrived at the hospital in labour and 8cm dilated baby's head still hadn't engaged fully. All went well with the labour and my DD was born within 1 1/2 hours.

You can also try squatting and try to get your heels on the ground. You may need to hold onto the back of a chair for support.

Good luck with your birthing

Lisa, Boy & Girl

With my first child, I went to the obstetrician on the Friday (38weeks) and he said the head wasn't engaged but my waters broke the following Monday afternoon and I had him Tuesday morning.

With my second child, I had some problems and went to the hospital on the Wednesday afternoon and they said the head was engaged (37wks 3 days) and my waters broke on the Friday morning and I had her 7.5 hours later after going on the drip to speed things along.

So both times head engaged just prior to my waters breaking.
no thats wrong i think.. i got told during first pregnancy it takes them longer to engage. im 40 weeks tomorrow and think he's only engaged recently so dont worry about it

no thats wrong i think.. i got told during first pregnancy it takes them longer to engage. im 40 weeks tomorrow and think he's only engaged recently so dont worry about it

i'm a first time mum and my baby engaged at 31 weeks and stayed there until 41 weeks!!

My DD didn't engage until I went into labour and she is my first. I had no problems giving birth and it only went for 8.25hrs.
Sign in to follow this topic