Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Labour and Birth
  5. do you prefer a caesar or natural?

do you prefer a caesar or natural? Lock Rss

Hi Mums

Just wondering, are there any other mums out there who have had both a caesar and natural birth? I had one of each (caesar for medical reasons) and much preferred the natural way. When I tell people they look at me like I'm crazy. I just found after I had my son by caesar (2nd time around) I found it really hard to recover and get around for the first 3 weeks, as when I had my daughter the natural way, I was up walking straight after. I would find it interesting just to hear other mums opinions. If i ever had to go through it again, give me the natural option - I'd rather a few hours of pain beforehand than weeks of recovery after!! Have a great day ladies!

Angie

angela, QLD, 3 year old, 8 month old

hello angie

I had 2 caesars as my babies were a healthy size the first one was 8Ib 14oz and the second 8Ib 7 oz

i recovered alot quicker the second time around and was up walking around after a day or so

obviously i would have prefered to give birth naturally but i think it is whatever is in the best interest of the baby and mother in my situation i am much happier that we are all alive and well that having possible problems and something going wrong if i had of insisted on giving birth naturally

it was a very difficult decision i had to make and i didn't take it lightly i can tell you i made sure i did my research

bye

melly

melissa, vic, Patrick 2.5 & Laura 15 months

Hi Angie,
I have only one child (born natural - if you can call it that!!!) however I have a friend who has had both. She had a caesar for her first, due to complications. She was meant to have a ceasar for her 2nd, but he decided to come 8 weeks before the due date! Even though he was quite small - just under 2kg, she said it still bloody hurt! If she was going to have a 3rd though she said that if allowed by the docs she would definately try and have it naturally, for the same reasons you said. She reckoned it was great being able to move around so freely straight after the birth, and as her son was in IC it was very good for her! I am planning to have more kids, and will be going for natural births again.

DD1 July 2004 DD2 August 2007 DS September 2009

Hi

I had an emergency c section with my first baby and a vaginal birth with my second.

I would have to say I definantly preferred the vaginal delivery even though I suffered a partial third degree tear. Even the problems I had recovering from that were better to deal with than the after effects of a caesar.

In saying that though the caesar wasn't bad by any means - after 40 hours of labour and a posterior baby that wasn't going to budge I felt like kissing the feet of the registrar who decided I was having a caesar!

Kristi

4 lovely munchkins DD 10/03, DD 03/05, DS 10/06 &

hi there well unfortunatelly i had a caesar with both my children and as much as i would of liked to try for a natural birth i'm very disappointed that i will never get to try for one.
Now if i have anymore kids then i will have to have a caesar cause you can only have 3 c-sections.
Talk soon

Rachael- mum to Chloe 3 1/2 & Liam 1 1/2
Sign in to follow this topic