Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Labour and Birth

Your Labour and Birth

Jeanie

Ob at Wesley Hospital?

Hi Can anyone recommend an OB who practices at the Wesley Hospital in Auchenflower, Brisbane?

5 replies

Thanks everyone for your recommendations. Jeanie

What do you classify as NATURAL BIRTH

i work full time and was just having a discussion with my colleagues...... which i must say are ...

24 replies

Funny how we wouldn't dream of having a tooth drilled without drugs, but we still push for a no-drug delivery? Sure, the epidural is...

Munchkin

Has anyone had there baby at westmead hospital?

Hey everyone my name is Michaela and im due on the 28/11/04 and im having my b...

4 replies

Hi mums and dads, just a quick posting to let you all know that i am running a Mothers/Fathers group from my house(Quakers Hill ) o...

Chelby

Jenni-lea had a girl

Hi everyone. just thought i'd let you all know that Jenni had her daughter 13.11.04. i am sure ...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
Brooke

Anyone have their baby on their own birthday?

I recently had my baby boy who was due on 10th Feb but didnt arrive! I was then induced and after...

7 replies

hi! i know this post is wayyy old, but thought i'd put in my 2 cents worth anyway! ...my 1st son was born on the 3rd of september 1...

lilmiss

Donating Cord Blood

hi, i was just wondering if anyone has donated their cord blood. i am looking into it and was jus...

4 replies

hi! i found out about cord blood donation in my 1st pregnancy and although i didn't look into it any further, i was told that most ...

MJL

Pelvic instability

Just wanting to hear from others who have experienced this condition and if there was any recomme...

1 reply

I had the same problem, and by the time I was 40 weeks I could barly walk the pain was so bad, I spent the last 2 months of my pregn...

girlymum

Labour and Birth Myths True or False?

Hi Everyone, My husband and I are expecting our third baby and we are disagreeing on a few thing...

6 replies

hi! i think that it can be the case but there are a LOT of exceptions to the rule and therefore-i think it's a myth. i have 3 boys...

Thyroid Disease and Pregnant?

Any one got Thyroid Diease and is pregnant or been pregnant? I have i had it through my pregnanc...

Yummy_Mummy

Horror Birth

Its a bit long winded but i would really really like to hear what you guys think! I was diagnose...

14 replies

I had the birth from hell as well. I was 11 days overdue so doctor decided I was to go in on the Sunday nite to have gel 'put in'. N...

Has anyone achived VBAC?

Just wanted to find out if their was many mums out there that has achived a Vaginal Birth after C...

29 replies

Hi Amy03 I had my first baby - Taylah 3 yrs ago after 27hrs of labor and 2 hrs of trying to push her out, they decided on an emerg ...

BabyBoo

Bad second labour

I had a pretty much text book first labour with my daughter. I was 40.1 weeks, in labour for 23....

1 reply

as far as I know you proberly won't have any other option but to have a caesarean on your next. A friend of mine tore her cervix (f...

Marti

Vaginal birth after a caesarean

I was wondering if there is anyone here that has has a vaginal birth after previously having a ca...

22 replies

All I can say is if you want to have a VBAC. THe key is research and more research there are some great books about it and I know as...

Jeanie

What's the difference between a spinal and an epidural?

Im booked in for an elective csection with my second baby and have heard people talk about a spin...

4 replies

Hello Jeanie, I had elective cesarean with firdst daughter (now 4) and was told of a spinal instead o an epidural, thin flexable alm...

Jenni-Lea

Pain relief options during labour???

Can anyone help me?? Does anyone know if the pain relief options, apart from gas, are opiate bas...

7 replies

Hi Sally, Thanks for the website. I had a brief look and found some useful information. I'll have a proper look when bubs lets me s...

calais

2 babies in 12 months

hi everyone, i had my first baby in february of this year (such a cutie!) via c-section due to he...

19 replies

Hi everyone, I'm very sorry I havent replied for a while, i've had the flu for the last week or so and finally now my energy is retu...

kristyc

Natural birth after cesarean

I am expecting my third child and am concerned about trying to have this baby naturally as I had ...

4 replies

Hi Kristy, I had an emergency cesarean with my first child as he was stuck ( they discovered this after 30 hours of labour! ) so wh...

Tweet_e

Operation similar to caeserean

Hi all, I would like some opinions of ladies who have had caesareans or even the same op I had &...

1 reply

hi i had a c-section and i didnt see my daughter for the 1st 24hrs of her life. and i can never get that back. but i would think if ...

pina

Pain Relief

Hi my name is Pina, Im about to have my first baby in seven weeks and would like to have some fee...

18 replies

Hi there, I have had 2 boys already and in both I used a bit of Gas which I found didnt do much, and also closer to the delivery I ...

How long before labour started for you?

Hi Everyone, I'm 9 days out from my due date and in the last couple of days I have had a show. ...

17 replies

Hi Everyone, Thanks for your messages. Cohen was 3.72Kgs and 51.5cms long. Head circumference was 36.5cms so a pretty good size. ...

Natural Birth or Cesarean

What should I do next time around? I had my baby 9mths ago naturally and scored a 3rd degree tea...

9 replies

i have had 3 c sections , i was already 4 a natural birth with my 1st but he had other ideas as wouldnt come out after 26 hours i ...

miracles

how to encourage labour? Come out already! 8-D

Heya all I am due on 16.04.04 with my first. Most ppl thort that i would have the bub early. (not...

13 replies

Hey, CONGRATULATIONS! One month old tomorrow and i bet you it's flown. I'm so glad it wasn't too painful for you, sounds like a long...

INDUCED LABOUR...who had 1??

Hi, I had a little girl Natalie on 19/11/03. I was 11 days over and was induced. I thought this...

20 replies

i was induced at 38 wks with my 1st child due to an existing medical condition. they put the gel in (which i reacted to immediately ...

Rebecca J

Love 2 Hear stories of caesers

Booked in 4 a c-section love to hear your stories good and bad from those of u who have had one! ...

14 replies

heya rebecca i've had 5 ceasers and each have been an experience in their own right! ceaser 1: my first was an emergency due to br...

chrissyd.nz

Natural birth after 2 c sections (VBAC)

HI all I have had 2 C Sections and am pregnant with 3rd (due July) and hoping to have a natural b...

4 replies

chrissy, i'm a little worried about you staying home to have #3 after 2 ceasers. do you live close to the hospital? have u got an em...

Anni77

My Induction

Hi All Went and seen my doctor this morning and she has decided this baby doesn't want to come o...

21 replies

hi all. thanks for your great advice although i didn't get it till it was all over went in for my check up on the 18th and they didn...

Have other mum's found their 2nd labours to be better than their 1st?

Hi there, My first labour was a less than pleasant experience. I didn't progress well, needed lo...

18 replies

How are you going Michelle? I am new on the block, only joined today. I am curious too on what 2nd labours have been like for other...

Lisa24

3rd Elective Caesarean?

Hi everyone :0) My sister is now 2 months pregnant and has again decided to have another electiv...

6 replies

Hi Lisa I found it really hard to cope with the emotional side of cesears. I still feel like i have had something taken from me that...

elisa7

anyone used TENS

Hi there, My husband and i recently attended the labour and childbirth class - where they mention...

4 replies

Hi, i have five weeks to go with my second, and i was really curious about using the tens with my first but didn't end up going ahea...

ZacsMum

how to know when you start labour

Hi all I'm just wondering if anybodys knows about engagement of the babies head in the pelvis. ...

1 reply

hi zacsmum, check with your gp but i think it is 3 fingers above your pelvic bone (it's the pelvic bone i'm not sure on) but it is ...

Scott and Hayley

complications at birth

Hi my name is Hayley and I have 3 children under three I had my last baby in July 2003 she is a b...

Debs

INDUCTION...

Hi all I am now 9 days overdue and if nothing happens naturally by this Sunday I am going in to ...

7 replies

I was induced 2 weeks after Cameron was due. I was a bit naive really, I thought that I would have the prosten gel and then I would...

Puma_NZ

THINKING OF A HOMEBIRTH?

Hi All, I gave Birth to a Beautiful 8lb 3oz Baby Girl on the 2nd November. The most Wonderful thi...

1 reply

I always thought to have a home birth. When I had my son I was so glad I didn't. My pregnancy was the best and my labour only 6 ho...

pina

Inductions

Hey everyone, Just been the the obsetrician and everthing is fine I'm due on the 5th of Nov but w...

4 replies

Trust me Pina - you will be fine!! You have waited 9 months for this baby - and really - I would go through 50 times worse than what...

Bek

Widgets Arrived Plus Birth Story

Well My babys arrived two weeks and one day early. Its a girl, Heres Chelseas Story ill tell you ...

10 replies

Congratulations, i'm so glad that you and your baby girl are fine. Thanks for the birth story just hope I'm as brave as you were and...

carlie

feelings of labour

Hello and how is everyone! i have noticed the forums have been a little quiet maybe everyones bu...

1 reply

hi carlie, first of all, i would like 2 introduce myself, my name is lorraine, i have 4 sons & 1 daughter(7mth) i remember having th...