Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Labour and Birth

Your Labour and Birth

SouthCoastChick

Canberra Hospital. Has anyone else given birth here? Share your experiance if so please!

Hey ladies, I'm 34 weeks and being induced in 4 weeks at the Canberra Hospital, has anyone e...

2 replies

Glad to hear you had a good experiance there, thanks for your reply

Pretty-Petal

Toowoomba Base Hospital - nuchal scan

Just wondering if anyone has had their nuchal scan through Twmba Base? I was given a referral to ...

1 reply

I had all my appointments through Twmba Hospital with DD (she was delivered there too & spent time in scn due to being prem). I ...

Katiepielol

unexpected birth experience

Hi there I would just let like share my experience as people assume because im young that I shoul...

2 replies

So sorry that you had such an awful experience - thankfully you & bub are ok. I hope you will consider talking to someone (Dr, m...

Aurora_Davoren

EPIDURAL vs C/SECTION

Hi there, im 34wks pregnant and I have severe pelvic arthropothy and have also been told that my...

2 replies

I really think you need to speak to your midwife or OB. I had both epidural during labour and then emergency C section with my DS....

any mums who have been induced at king edward/had older children when delivering there pls read

hi sorry if its long I have a couple of questions, im being induced at king Edward, I have to go...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
Mickstar

Giving birth at Lyell Mcewin

I'm a FTM due in about 6 weeks and I was wondering about Lyell Mcewin. I've heard great...

1 reply

Hello, congrats on the impending birth of your first baby smile I too was a little apprehensive about the llyel mac due to its loca...

kalevalababy

Obs at The San, Wahroonga?

Hi ladies, anyone have any experiences with particular obs at Sydney's SAN hospital in Wahro...

Jandals

Looking for stories of c sections

Hi - I am 27 weeks pregnant with baby #3. I carry large babies (9lb12 and 9lb9) and have had a 3r...

5 replies

I've had to emergency c.sections one under anaesthetic and other on epidural i found my second one alot better even though they...

hernia and natural delivery

Hi ladies i was wondering if anybody has had a natural delivery with a lage hernia, my cousin is...

1 reply

Hello! I have never heard about that before, but I have read about hernia during pregancy and in newborns.Pregnancy is a common caus...

Jody-MummyOfTwo

Anesthetist appointment? GD

Hi all, I've had diet controlled gestational diabetes (GD) with #1 and now again with #2. I ...

3 replies

Turns out the anesthetist wasn't exactly sure as to why I was referred but we just talked about the what if scenario basically ...

Teigenyung26

Where do I get Raspberry Leaf Tea???

I recently have been informed of this wonderful natural remedy called Raspberry Leaf Tea. I'...

6 replies

I used it with my first pregnancy. I started it from around 34 weeks with 1-2 cups a day. Purchased it from any health food shop a...

ellas_mummy

Midwife said no Epidurial availible HELP!!!!!!!

Hi Ladies, I am looking for advice, i am living in Biloela QLD (a small rural town) and am 33 we...

3 replies

what other pain relief options do you have there? Im in rocky You could labour at home for as long as you can in the shower and th...

Jody-MummyOfTwo

Birth plan/Support people

Expecting my 2nd baby. I had planned to have 4 support people including my fiance however I'...

5 replies

It's your special time so if you don't want her there, then as hard as it may be, you just have to be straight up with her...

Sass_Philpott

Royal Womens Hospital Melbourne

I am 16 weeks and having my baby at Royal Womens Melbourne. I have my 1st appointment there next...

Abel_Pania

My biggest boy by far

I'm happy to announce my little man has finally arrived. Amusing enough on Boxing Day. I say...

9 replies

Congratulations on the birth of your little baby boy. What a speedy delivery

Shannelle_B

St Georges Chch

Does anyone know if St Georges Hospital (Chch) have epidurals? and what the hospital and the sta...

4 surprises

My baby has arrived

Yesterday afternoon at 4.30pm hubby went off to work and I said stay by your phone I'm gett...

41 replies

Congratulations

Bec + 1 1/2

Muswellbrook Hospital

Just looking on honest opinions of Muswellbrook hospital maternity. I want to know the good, bad ...

osmum

Juju Sundin/Sarah Murdoch 'Birth skills'...

I've just bought this book and I'm pretty inspired by what I've read already. Has anyone used her...

9 replies

Hi, I have read the book and some of the techniques from the book were there in my head when my labor started. I was using fit ball,...

Little Egg

What are your contractions like?

A midwife at the birth centre got me thinking, as I mentioned that I found the wheat bags sooo he...

9 replies

i had a very fast labour i had no idea i was having contractions. they started at 3am and came every 20mins it wasn't until abo...

Britzanebub1

amniotic fluid embolism freaking out!!!!!

Hi ladies Well I'm due to have my 4th baby in 11 days, and a few times now I have come acro...

5 replies

Oh no hope all goes well with your labour and delivery.. yeah I seen in the news a gold coast mother recently died from amniotic flu...

kem35

Melbourne: Northpark Private Vs The Northern Hospital

Hi, just researching people's hospital experiences at Northpark and The Northern as deciding...

kptnz

Induction

Did you get induced and how long did it take to go into labour and have the baby? I'm 40 we...

6 replies

I got induced as my waters broke but I didn't go into labour. My waters hadn't fully broke so they broke my waters at 8am...

henrysmumma+1

Macrosomic babies & labour positions... Want to avoid cesearean where possible!

Hi all, I'm 36+6 at the moment, booked in to be induced on the 21st but that could change...

1 reply

hi I have had all my babies naturally 8lb 4oz a week early, 9lb 3oz a week late 10lb 9oz on due date and 9lb 12 oz a week early( th...

aj_mackay

St George or Lincoln Maternity hospital?

Hi, this is my third pregancy but the last two I was living in Timaru, so only had the one hospit...

Katahli13

Tubal Reversal

Hi, I'm due to get my tubal reversal done in 5 weeks. Just wondering if anyone has had done...

3 replies

It took her over a year to fall pregnant the first time. I hope your journey is quicker!

Tinaglacey

Atrial septal Aneurysm - opt for elective cesarean?? WORRIED

I've had a rather complicated pregnancy with having a low lying placenta with a handful of l...

Taks

Severe postpartum bleed

Hi Am wondering if I can get some advice from anyone? I am a first time mum and had a pretty bad...

An Angels Gift <3

3rd pregnancy

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this? I'm 39 weeks pregnancy with our 3rd child. Bo...

1 reply

Yep! When I was pregnant with DD (around 39 weeks) I had a day where I was getting BH all day. In the evening they started getting ...

Mummy_to_2

Vomiting during labour - consistent across pregnancies?

Hi, with my first birth I vomited with each strong contraction (during transition phase) until th...

5 replies

Hi I have 6 kids. With my first 5 I vomited as I progressed and kept doing so until delivery. This was my indication that we were cl...

Becw_2360

Posterior position since 36 weeks

Hi ladies, This is our first baby and I am currently 38+4 weeks.. Due date 8th Sept. Baby has b...

4 replies

Dd was posterior. Not picked up until she was born as I found examinations too painful so they couldn't get a good feel during ...

Alex12

OB Pricing - Perth

Hi, could you please recommend some OBs in Perth northern suburbs? Also if you could tell me abo...

2 replies

Thank you

Little Egg

we're being induced tomorrow

So, yep, as the title says, tomorrow is the day. We have tried for so long to put off this induc...

10 replies

Good luck little egg. can't wait to hear all about it and I hope you get them cuddles soon thinking of you. And I'll po...

Kazinpurplerain

Epidural and induction at 38 weeks.

Hello everyone, I'm new here and 14 weeks pregnant with my first. I know it's probably ...

4 replies

It may also be worth you looking into hypnobirthing, as a pp has said. A friend of mine passes out at any pain, and also the sight ...

MrsGJunior

Pre labour signs - hindsight

Curious if anyone, with the benefit of hindsight, remembers anything that happened/you felt in th...

12 replies

Just uncomfortable, shitty & aggro at everyone.... My first was an induction, blech! The next two came on after s&s's. ...

Steph31

Which brand is best.. Has anyone used the 'ActivNatal' brand of TENS Machine??

I'm looking around for a TENS machine & not sure which brand is the best (or are they al...

2 replies

Thanks Laine, I might even consider it for my next labour as I borrowed my husband's TENS machine and didn't really like t...

JJ2710

Induction methods

Im being induced next week due to having cholestasis at 37weeks, I was just wanting to know some ...

1 reply

Hey there i was induced with my second due to complcations as far as natural ways to help the process im not sure what you can possi...

kellijelly2138

Waiting!

Hi everyone, I am currently due this Friday and am just waiting for something to happen. I feel l...

2 replies

We are due in 5 weeks and I am already becoming inpatient!! Good luck to you

MrsGJunior

Birth stories

As labour #2 approaches I am interested in all things birth lol, especially how things differed b...

12 replies

I am unsure whether to be reading this or not!! We are 5 weeks from having our first little one and I love taking in as much info as...

T_Delight

Hypnobabies home study course

Hi everyone, I recently bought the hypnobabies home study course from ebay. The lady i bought it...

6 replies

Hi ladies, Memi2410 & T_Delight, hoping you may still be out there. I've done the same thing, I've bought the 6cds off...