Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Labour and Birth

Your Labour and Birth

Courtney_Everest

Due Date 22 December 2014

Hi there, I was wondering if someone could give me some advice. I have discovered I am due 22 De...

7 replies

I am due 27th December, so bub could come between 20th and 1st December, my partner laughs that if bub were to come Chrissy Day that...

Little Egg

Anyone read a birth book by Ina May Gaskin?

In my search for ways to make this upcoming birth as uneventful as possible I have come across In...

8 replies

Great, thanks! I always forget about the wonder of the book depository

Gsxrness

cramping pains 5 months after giving birth,

Any advice ive had cramps for about a week now not sure if its because we had intercourse or some...

New no replies Be the first to reply »

Question for anyone who's been induced

I have never asked, but I would say no, I have had two inductions. Both times I was hooked up to...

3 replies

I was induced earl (37 weeks) at my request (read insistence) in consultation with my midwife. I wasnt allowed home because of the o...

Carley_Jade93

Ipswich Hospital Opinions??

Hi I am due to have my first baby in October at Ipswich Public. Just wondering what peoples opini...

SarahBlogger

Childbirth and gifts.

After giving birth to her first child, Sarah received an unusual gift from her mother in law. ...

7 replies

When you actually think of it, your MIL is just being kind and practical. Now if she had bought you wrinkle cream for christmas then...

inverted hips

I don't think they were inverted, but my grandmother was born with a dislocated hip which wa...

Kholme

Colostomy reversal and c section for second labour.

My first labour I had a 3rd degree tear which wasn't picked up properly. It became infected ...

3 replies

Wow that all sounds pretty traumatic you poor thing I didn't have the same thing but prior to having children I had multiple...

Luckydays

RBWH - I'm confused by the process!

Hi ladies! I am almost 8 weeks along and visited my local GP 2 weeks ago. She took a blood test a...

Beth_Brampton

wanted student doula who wants experience

Hi my name is beth and I am looking for a student doula in north brisbane who would be interested...

mum2all

What should I tell my daughter in preperation for birth

My by then 4 year old daughter is going to be present for our 3rd child's birth. I have slow...

6 replies

will show my daughter the same pictures thanks.

Britzanebub1

Scared about 4th time around..

Hi ladies Iam currently pregnant with bub #4 the other 3 kids I had really quick and easy labour...

4 replies

I am sure that you know what is normal for your labours and you will know if things are not right and can tell your midwife. #4 for...

Klgeyer82

Vbac 2

Hi I've just found out i'm pregnant with baby no 3 and I would really like to hear and ...

1 reply

Hi there Congrats on your pregnancy! I had a VBA2C 20 months ago. I chose to hire a private midwife who was able to support me a...

StrawberryTimTam

What would you do?

So for those of you that don't know the last couple of months have been madness for my littl...

7 replies

I had my first 2 bubs at the RBH before moving up the coast and cant fault them I have friends who live at The Grange and they lo...

Clear54321

Middlemore Hospital Birth

Hi There, I was just wondering if anyone can give me some more recent information at birthing at ...

2 replies

I gave birth at middlemore just over a year ago now. The room was ok, quite big and i had my own bathroom. But i wanted to have wate...

NikStarr

Preparing your vagina for birth. Getting a fit vagina. You will be so grateful.

A little story about how I birthed a 4.4kg baby boy and bounced back almost immediately. You s...

3 replies

FYI http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/vaginal-weightlif...

Zinkles

Bucket handled tear

Anyone know what that means? My midwife looked into my tear from my labour with DS and said it ...

5 replies

Lol yep, pretty pregnant now. Thanks for checking it out for me

VaVe82

Labour the second time around - anxious!

Hi there! My first daughter was born at 37 weeks on the dot and just today I am 37 weeks pregnant...

4 replies

Yeah, I guess I am more anxious as I was prepared for the worse during my first labour and ended up being very easy - now I am just ...

StudentMidwifeEmma

Brisbane Student Midwife- Mater Mothers Hospital

Good Afternoon Everyone, My name is Emma! I am second year student midwife currently studying a...

Blonders1

Scared for labour

Hi ladies, Im 30 weeks and I've been reading a lot of birth stories saying that it was too l...

10 replies

Firstly speak to your midwife. She needs to understand the importance it is to you. I've had both mine at 4-6 cms dilated. Prep...

MUMEE2B

Panadeine Forte?

Can you take Panadeine forte at home while in labour? or is it unsafe for baby? Has anyone self m...

14 replies

I was given panadeine forte by the nurse to cope with the after pains of having my second son. I was breastfeeding and after I had t...

Jess.xO

Just a lil scared..

Currently 38 weeks and 5 days pregnant, doctor has told me they want too give me a stretch and sw...

5 replies

I didn't need one but I think everyone is different. Some people say it hurt and some felt hardly anything. Just relax aad I&#...

Ben&Chloës Mama

She is here!!

So our little girl is finally here!! Here is my birth story for those who are interested. Coul...

26 replies

Welcome to another chapter of your life and congratulations!

Little Egg

How you react to contractions directly relates to speed of labour?

I'm just after some other opinions, I am pregnant with No.2, due in August and I'm thin...

8 replies

I handled the contractions calmly and positively and still spent 13 hours in pain with no progression. I ended up having a Caesarian...

Rah_84

Vaginal delivery after broken pelvis??

Hi there. I am 14 weeks along with my first baby and was told at my first OB appointment that I n...

2 replies

Hi There, I broke my pelvis as a teenager and had screws put in to it. 10 years on I am having my first baby and am 41+4 and awaitin...

Keen Mummy

What was your second labour like compared to your first?

Hi Ladies, I am due with baby #2 at the end of September. My first labour was 4.5 hours from sta...

5 replies

Ds1 - 31 longing hours, painful thanks to being posterior. Went to hospital not long after labour started. Epidural at 21 hours. Vac...

Tarajs01

Kiwifruit smoothies

Anyone got any kiwifruit smoothy recipe ideas they wanna share? Midwife told me to start drinking...

7 replies

No not evening primrose either.

Tashaleela

Warragul Hospital

Hi All, Hope you are all well I've just recently moved from SA to Vic and my closest hospital ...

14 replies

jazzymyn can you tell me who you are seeing there as I would prefer a female OB. thanks

Neddee

Has anyone used clary sage oil to induce labour ??

Hi I had a checkup today and my midwife mentioned clary sage oil mixed with almond oil rubbed i...

6 replies

I bought clary sage oil at 38+5 weeks to add to my massage oil for labour. At about 2pm I got it out and mixed it for my massage oil...

Dd1678

Stretch and Sweep

hi there, I know there is a lot of info and experiences on this forum regarding this but its so o...

4 replies

that's great...unfortunately my cervix was still closed.. but midwife said it was ripe and soft which is a good thing I guess.....

NZnewmum

My story

A little bit about my journey to motherhood: Since getting pregnant I have been an active stalke...

3 replies

Hi! Congrats on the birth of your baby. Looking forward to getting to know you more

Shrimpy198i

Anyone had years between pregnancies ?

So I am 36 weeks and it has been 12.5 years since I gave birth to my lil tween . Any one else in ...

6 replies

im due tomorrow with my DS #4 and my youngest in turning 12...all I get is people saying are you crazy!!!!! ive really enjoyed it be...

Cuddles for Mum

My story... (Sorry its so loooong!!)

So, it was the week of Christmas, and we had been discussing for a week or so the possibility of ...

10 replies

congrates

Cuddles for Mum

Birth story?

Just wondering if anyone is interested in yet another birth story? Cos if nobody is then I won&#x...

8 replies

Haha, stupid iPad and auto correct the melting moments are in the oven, story is on its way

Sediah

Assistance Please

Hey Ladies! I need some assistance please. I need 100 people to fill this survey out for my for m...

9 replies

Done

katrich1

Experiences with Nepean Public Hospital??

Hi all, I'm 27 weeks pregnant with my first, have just moved to Sydney and will be deliveri...

3 replies

https://www.facebook.com/groups/129328227093767/ Here's the link just in case.

Lack of recognised rights in childbirth

I like how the NZ ladies can go choose their own midwife and it's all funded. They can selec...

21 replies

No, intervention isn't the only issue - just that it is one that seems to crop up a lot of the time. But of course, even a norm...

Happy-days

Birth after 3rd degree tearing

Hi, I'm just after some advice if anyone has had a similar situation. In 2011 I gave birth...

4 replies

A friend of mine had a 4th degree tear with her first. She had her 2nd 4 years later by C-section as recommended by her doc. Her rec...

chloe_jaye

Chances of natural labour?

Hi, i am 37 weeks tomorrow and have a appointment with my doctor. I was going to ask for a sweep....

2 replies

well first question is why were you induced the first 2 time and the second question is why are you requesting a sweep now? Persona...

Laura_Mackie

Family Attending Labour

Hi fellow members, I am approaching my second birth and will be having baby at King Edward Memori...

1 reply

I don't kwon about kemh but down here it Tassie its a max of two support people