Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Labour and Birth

Your Labour and Birth

Aspen123

Please help week over and planning VBAC

Ok so I'm a week over my due date from scan, I believe my due date isn't actually till ...

8 replies

Wow congrats! Our wee boys have the same birthday! Cute. Im glad all went OK for you and you got your VBAC. I am recovering exceptio...

Fish_1986

HELP! Running out of time to avoid C section!

Ok ladies, today I have officially reached my EDD and still no sign of baby coming. I am desperat...

14 replies

oh im so glad things turn out well for you and congrats on the birth of you son and I hope you have a speedy and recovery best of l...

Fiona_Young77

Moving house and not sure if I should change hospitals.

Hi ladies just wandering if anyone can share their experiences of moving during pregnancy. We are...

1 reply

Subscribing to this. I will be facing the same thing

New_mama_moi

40weeks + 2days in counting!

Hi everyone, I'm a first time mum. Today I am 40 weeks and 2 days and very much over being p...

11 replies

If you are still really wanting to go into labour, ask your midwife for a stretch and sweep. My Ob did that when I was 39 weeks with...

frangipani_princess

Anyone had more then 1 3rd degree tear?

Hi, I'm after some opinions on another natural birth after 2x 3rd degree tears. I had my son...

10 replies

Can understand this is a very hard decision to make - I have had 2x 3rd degree tear was just stitched in birthing suite - DS1 was a ...

Shrimpy198i

Both fears endured through labor

So one of my fears was no epi ! And dd 1week old decided she was coming on Saturday when there ar...

7 replies

Just had a thought everyone that I see hear has the back pain like I did all the bubs are postiariar , so why is it that the back pa...

Kade's World

Who birthed at Tweed Hospital recently???

Hi everyone, I'm looking for any feedback on Tweed Hospital. Positive and negative opinions wel...

6 replies

I'm sorry but I had a horrific experience there My other twin pregnancy was Caesarian at full term so I never went into labour...

MumMum78

No one to look after toddler when go into labour

Hi. I'm sure a lot of people have been in my situation but I just wanted to see what the bes...

1 reply

We have no family or relatives at all nearby so we hired an Au Pair for a couple of months. She came to stay when I was about 35 wee...

MyLittleJem

Chances of a 2nd episiotomy?

Hi ladies, I'm pregnant with number 2 and I had to have an episiotomy with my first, wonderi...

5 replies

Thanks ladies, seems I'm not doomed yet lol, first time round it was after 3 hours of pushing and she still wasn't coming...

Shrimpy198i

Tightings how long from there

So been having tight ingest all day , nothing regular tho as each time I go to time they drop off...

10 replies

Thank you all was a horrific labor and birth ! Every time a midwife checks my stomach I get flash backs ! Never again ! Was well wo...

Mandy042

What was your labour like?

Hi everyone. Just curious as to how peoples labour differed for subsequent babies.... Was it the...

13 replies

Mine were all really similar amazingly enough! dd1: born Saturday 9:15pm in an april thunderstorm 40 + 1 day. just over 2 hours of...

I Love My Babes

I have a Wonderful excuse for being MIA :)

Good Morning my Huggies friends My Gorgeous Baby Boy decided he didn't want to wait till ...

27 replies

Congratulations!

Cute_Lolita_86

King Edward Memorial Hospital in Perth

Hello All I am trying to conceive after a missed miscarriage a few months back and I have a ques...

3 replies

Its my understanding that you can only go to kemh if you are in their district or are high risk, you cant just request to go there. ...

flowergirl73

Rectovaginal fistula

Hi, I suffered a rectovaginal fistula in October 2009 after delivering my son vaginally after a ...

3 replies

Hello there is a wonderful support group that im in called Living With Obstetric Fistula.

gypsy kylz

well bub is finally here..what a long couple of days!!

well im happy to say that we welcomed our 4th beautiful little angel , a girl 'Gypsy' a...

18 replies

Congrats!!! and welcome to little Gypsy

Shrimpy198i

2 days over due

Well as the tittle states 2 days over due and really feeling it ! My stomach is so tight and it&#...

3 replies

Thank you all xx

gypsy kylz

waters broken...now what?

hey after some suggestions on how to get contractions to start? this is bub #4 im due on the 31s...

6 replies

Stairs, stairs and more stairs lol. With my 4th my waters broke naturally too all my other births they were ruptured for me during l...

Lil Dash

Hospital Bag

I know this topic has been covered quite a few times, but I would really love some advice about w...

14 replies

Thank you all so much! I have incorporated many of your tips into my bag and am happy to say I am pretty much packed (a few things w...

Shrimpy198i

Anyone else hoping not to go into labor on Christmas Day ?

Any one hoping not to go into labor on Christmas Day or be stuck In hospital for it ? Due the 29d...

10 replies

2 little muppets wrote: My birthday is Christmas day. I'm so very glad you managed to miss it, it's not the best day to ha...

Rebecca_Hogarth

Vbac after 2 c-sections?

I have had two previous c-sections. My first was an emergency due to fetal distress after a 17hou...

2 replies

Thanks for your reply. It is giving me hope. I am so lucky to have my best friend who is a doula. She has been so supportive. My wo...

Shrimpy198i

What do contractions feel like ?

Ok so I have had 1 baby 12.5 years ago , was induced and had a epi before I had that I can only d...

9 replies

I'm glad you asked!! (& thanks ladies for answers) I'm 37w 4d with the first bub to make it this far, but I also hav...

mum2all

What would you do?

I would love to have my mother and by then 4 year old present for the birth but my hubby seems so...

7 replies

Hi all thanks for the reply. My mother would go with what ever I say I think as she was very clear when I was with her that she coul...

Jadey2210

Water births

Hi all, just wondering what everyone thinks about water births. This is my first baby and i am le...

7 replies

In the end you're the one that needs to give birth, not your mum or partner so I think its your decision. My hospital didn'...

Brooke_86

Anxiety related to birth

Hi ladies I am just over 38 weeks pregnant with my first baby and have been experiencing anxiety...

7 replies

I totally understand where you are coming from! My family is 4 hours away so I didn't have them there when I had my first baby ...

xosammieox

Looking for a midwife.. any suggestions??

So ladies im a first time mum and im 6 weeks and 1 day with our wee bub. Its that time to start s...

2 replies

im in the hutt valey as well and if you go to the doctors to confirm pregnancy they give you a bounty pack which has a list if all i...

Kattweety2000

Recovering from a 3rd Degree Tear

Hi All, My DD is now 5 and a half months old, during my labour with her I had an episiotomy and t...

3 replies

Hi Ladies I had a 3rd degree tear with my son (18months old now). I was taken into surgery and stitched back up! Recovery was long a...

Miss_Felicity

First mum pregnancy fears in relation to labour/birth etc

Hi lovely ladies! I just wanted to speak to some other pregnant ladies on here that I'm sur...

4 replies

Thank you ladies, I really appreciate your comforting words!! Yeah he still feels high up for me, and moves around like an octop...

Mandy_Lol23

TENS Machine

Hi I've bought a TENS Machine (a general one, not a labour specific one) to use during labo...

2 replies

I used a generic TENS machine during the first 18 hours until I used the shower in the hospital. It was great to 'diffuse'...

sethysmama

VBAC IN TOWNSVILLE INFO (others welcome to respond too)

Hi i was just wondering if anyone has attempted a VBAC at the townsville hospital and how it all ...

1 reply

Im also interested im in airlie beach and they will not support me here at all for vba2c and was wondering if townsville would..

Rahz1

Red Raspberry Leaf Tea

Hi There, Im a first time mum and due in three days time, im just wondering if anyone out there u...

1 reply

Thank you so much for your replies, Yep i started drinking RLT at 36 weeks so hopefully it helps abit . A 2.5 hour labor would be a...

KMumma

Birth Photography - What do you think ?

Hi Ladies I hope it's ok to post in here if not admins please feel free to remove. I just ...

5 replies

I had a birth photographer, she was a stranger and I was slightly apprehensive about having a stranger present during such a time (m...

M2A+1ontheway

When can you get an epidural?

Hi everyone, i never got an epidural with my DD but i am definately open to it as a pain relief...

20 replies

Thank you all so much. You have really helped with my questions and I will take your advice.

little Diva

Embarrassing labour moments :O

Ok here's mine. My chubby lil man is 3m and was born in July this year. So being my 3rd pr...

15 replies

These are all bloody hilarious good read wish I had something to share maybe I will in march

Shrimpy198i

Anyone given birth at the GCUH (new one)

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if it is private rooms in maternity ward or is it like the o...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
Henrie_01

induction for convenience - selfish or not?

I'm 39 wks and my OB will be away from 23/11 - 27/11. I'm quite anxious about labour an...

20 replies

Thanks everyone. This discussion has helped me make the decision to let nature take its course. I've been very anxious about l...

johntanya

Male Midwives

I am starting my post-grad midwifery course and would like to know everyone's thoughts about Male...

36 replies

Gender shouldn't be an issue as youll have both Male and Fenales observe you in the delivery suite. As long as your comfy with...

Courtneyxclark

was your second baby overdue?

Im due to have a baby 20th march, I have a sister from England coming to stay and also my sister ...

2 replies

1st 10 days over 2nd 7 days over 3rd 15 days over

Sunnyraepatritti

What was early labor like for you??

Hi, well ladies today's the day No.3 is due......... now as stock standard as Id like this b...

8 replies

Sunnyraepatritti wrote: Hi, well ladies today's the day No.3 is due......... now as stock standard as Id like this birth to be ...

Chocolate2011

Has anyone not cut umbilical cord straight away?

In my first birth I had in my birth plan for them not to, but it was done anyway and placenta rem...

5 replies

I wanted delayed cord clamping with my first but this was not possible as I ended up with an epidural and a forceps delivery and the...

Getting contractions started?

I found having a hot shower helped with mine. Hoped in and within a few mins contractions were co...

15 replies

Congratulations aunty! Exciting news