Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Loss and Sadness
  5. Pregnant again straight after miscarriage

Pregnant again straight after miscarriage Rss

Hello
Just writing to see if anyone out there fell pregnant immediatley after their miscarriage without having a cycle first. Just a little paranoid ive done the wrong thing and its going to end in disaster. Been searching the internet for positive stories but cant find any. Should i prepare myself for the worst?
I did! Unknowingly though. What I thought was an irregular period was most likely implanting bleeding and then what I thought was a period must have been a miscarriage, because when I found out I was pregnant again the obstetrician gave me a scan and dated me at least 3-4 weeks earlier than what I thought and dated. I am now 33 weeks pregnant!

When I misscarried a few years ago I asked the doctor when we could start trying again and he said pretty much straight away.

Don't be to concerned there shouldn;t be anymore of a risk of miscarriage than normal (unless there is a medical reason).

Congratulations!
I did. I miscarried at 8wks and had a positive pregnancy test 5 weeks later. That pregnancy gave me Jayden who is now 4 years old.
Don't stress....enjoy your pregnancy
Sure have! Seth is now 2 years old and was concieved 2 weeks after mc @ 8 weeks.
(actually according to my dating scan he was concieved just days after I mc bbit i dont see how that is possible lol i think the scan was a week or so out!)
Best of luck and think positive xxxx

Thanks , im just a bit paranoid as i dont think my pregnancy syptoms are half as bad as they were last week. Lucky enough i get an early scan because ive had an ectopic pregnancy also so my doctor allows it. Any advice on how to date this pregnancy, would i count miscarriage as day 1 of period so to speak or was everyones way off?
I did but sadly we lost that one as well. There are many positive stories about this happening so don't let mine freak you out. We are still trying and thankfully have a beautiful dd who is our world. I think the reason I lost both was that they were very close after giving birth do my dd.

I know everything will go smoothly for you hun, and congrats

Thanks , im just a bit paranoid as i dont think my pregnancy syptoms are half as bad as they were last week. Lucky enough i get an early scan because ive had an ectopic pregnancy also so my doctor allows it. Any advice on how to date this pregnancy, would i count miscarriage as day 1 of period so to speak or was everyones way off?

Try not to stress about the symptoms, I had ms with my mc and then nothing with the successful pregnancy that followed, just extreme tiredness!

They generally say u need a scan to date a pregnancy following mc and cnt work it out based on when you mc.....BUT I think I ovulate 2 weeks after a ,c so seems to wrk to date min like any other pregnancy....I have had 4 mc all up and always had af exactly F weeks later if i didnt get pregnant in between lol

So many doctors say u are most fertile after a mc so dont stress too much many positivve stories out there! Xx

I did! I had an induced miscarriage at 24 wks, was pregnant again without having a period. Now have my DS who is turning one tomorrow and he is perfect in everyway! Enjoy your pregnancy and goodluck

Sal
Yes I have. TWICE!!

Both Haidyn and CJ were conceived after a miscarriage and I had no AF in between. There was nothing wrong with me pregnancies. I am sure you will be fine.

Good luck xx

Hi
I had morning sickness straight off & had a pos preg test.A few days later I miscarried. (I was told it was a chemical preg).
I did the deed again just before the mc started. (I only bled a tiny bit with the mc and not for long at all). A few weeks later I was feeling sick again & found I was preg. And I ended up having a baby girl with the EDD from the 2nd time.
I too googled so much & asked alot of questions because I was also worried.
Oh how happy I am to have found this thread!!!! I had a D&C 4 weeks ago at 11 weeks due to a missed miscarriage. Today at 4 weeks to the day of my D&C I have no idea what possesed me to do a HPT (habit I guess and it was there) and it came up positive. I know everyone is different but I didn't know if there was even a possibility that I could in fact be pregnant again?? Could I be that lucky seeing as though it took me a year to conceive my daughter and almost the same amount of time to conceive again. I had a blood test today and will have another in 48 hours to test if levels are rising or dipping. Wish me luck!
Yep, miscarried on Aug 31, positive preg test on Sep 28... healthy baby on June 20 smile

I will add, it was under medical guidance, I was using hormone treatment to assist ovulation. My doc said as long as the miscarriage was complete (no products of conception left in uterus) then it was fine to go ahead. I had an ultrasound to confirm it was a complete m/c

I guess it's like everything with pregnancy, you will hear horror stories and you will hear stories of success. No answer will be 100% correct. good luck and baby dust to you though

Follow my blog "Bed Rest for Baby" at http://www.babysteps1804.wordpress.com

Sign in to follow this topic