Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Loss and Sadness
  5. Feeling a bit sad & sorry for myself today

Feeling a bit sad & sorry for myself today Rss

I can't stop crying. I'm in pain but panadol doesn't help and I can't take any codine because DH went to work today and it makes me really drowsy. I called DH and said I wanted him to come home but be apparently can't because work need him. What about me? I need him too but apparently I'm not as important. I can't even pick DD up because it hurts.

www.facebook.com/LeReveWithSally

Oh honey... sad

What about half a codeine? I'm sensitive to Pandeine forte.. it puts me on my ear so I just take half a dose and it then works fine. You could try that with the codeine.

I'm so sorry you have to go through this.. sad

Can you have nurefen as well as the panadol?

stacebebe wrote:
Can you have nurefen as well as the panadol?

I could but I don't have any and the doc said no driving for 2-3 days because of how much blood I lost so I'm stuck at home.

chalys 'n' J wrote:
Oh honey... sad

What about half a codeine? I'm sensitive to Pandeine forte.. it puts me on my ear so I just take half a dose and it then works fine. You could try that with the codeine.

I'm so sorry you have to go through this.. sad

Thanks Chalys, I'll try that and see what happens

I would call either your gp or talk to your pharmasist at your local chemist & see what you could have. I do it all the time with my health issues.

I hope you feel better soon. xx unsure

Aww you poor thing. My husband wasn't overly supportive during my miscarriage either with taking time off work etc. He even had the nerve to suggest we have sex... the night of my d&c. I realise he sounds like a total a hole... he's not, he's just totally clueless but comes across insensitive. I hope you're feeling better, but it's totally normal to be feeling rotten at this point

Follow my blog "Bed Rest for Baby" at http://www.babysteps1804.wordpress.com

Well he came from work and hasn't said more than 2 words to me. He doesn't want to hear what I have to say obviously. I called him at work today, in tears, because I needed help and he couldn't possibly leave work. I then sent him a text a bit later and he didn't even bother to reply. Apparently I'm a big girl and don't need any help. Anyway I'm cooking dinner atm and then I'm going to have a shower and go to bed. I really just cannot be bothered. He will probably just go to work again tomorrow and I'll just be expected to suck it up.
I'll let you know if he decides to talk to me.

oh no. sad i am so sorry. xxx
hey Sal, hope you are feeling a little better today. Were you able to track down some painkillers?

Sorry to hear about your DH, it must be tough when what you want/ need is a hug and the way he is coping is the opposite.

big hugs and thinking of you, we are always here

Mr J (April 2005) Miss Z (Feb 2007) and Miss O (Oct 2010)

Hey ladies,
I'm feeling much better today. I went to bed last night and burst into tears which ended up being a good thing as DH started talking to me. He didn't understand exactly how much I needed him yesterday but it must have struck home because he stayed home with me today.

Oh Sal, glad your DH was home with you today, Don't know what to say but Big hugs. xx

Question smile

How long after a D&C is it normal to bleed? I didn't have any bleeding at all on Monday. Then yesterday, I may have overdone it a little whilst trying to do everything alone and keep busy so had some bleeding. Today, I have been bleeding all day. Its not heavy, just like having a normal period. Is this normal?
Also, how long should you wait after a D&C before having sex? Strange to be asking but I really have the urge laugh

Sign in to follow this topic