Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Surrogacy or IVF Rss

I am so sorry to hear about your infertility. It can be very difficult to deal with such circumstances. Surrogacy is a really good procedure to go for. It gives you the hope of having your own child. But i have lately been reading reviews about l****s clinic and they are not positive. Looks like they are just losing good customers. It is their loss. I hope that everyone stays away from these clinics.
Well, I think IVF is a very good option. But the downside is it is time taking and painful. On the other hand, surrogacy is much better, as you would not have to go through all this. There are pros and cons to both. You really need to weigh them. Infertility is more common than we know. It is necessary to know of these treatments.
Hello, sorry to hear that. I suggest gestational surrogacy, we traveled to Ukraine for that and if you need a consultation I can give you the contacts of our agency.
Hey, I hope you are doing well. People think that we have an option between the two but that is not true. Other than that it really depends on your situation. I would say that visit a good clinic and ask for her. they will let you know what will go the best. I can understand that this is very confusing. I was in your place as well. However, recently got in contact with a clinic. They turned out to be amazing. However, I am in the very initial phase. We have sent the documents to the clinic. Now we are in the waiting list waiting for the return. We have been booked for the next month. I can't wait to visit them. If you want details regarding them I can provide.
Hi Jenelia! I hope you are feeling better now. I feel bad for you. I know this is such a hard time for you but I m glad you are looking into other options. So you are stuck between IVF and surrogacy, tbh it really depends on your condition. If IVF is possible for you then go for it, You will also get to experience the beauty of carrying your own child otherwise go for surrogacy. Both treatments are quite successful but it's important to opt for a good clinic. If the clinic you are opting for has high success rate then the chances of your success are also more. So get yourself tested and then see what suits you. But do some research about clinics before opting for anyone. I hope this helps you. Stay blessed! Good luck! Bye!
See this is a misconception that you have a choice between an IVF process and a surrogacy process. It is not that simple. For both, the process one has to qualify as a candidate. Therefore, it really depends on your condition. I would suggest visiting a good clinic. The doctor over their will guide you. This is what our doctor did. I am glad I took his advice.
Monikadavid399 wrote:
See this is a misconception that you have a choice between an IVF process and a surrogacy process. It is not that simple. For both, the process one has to qualify as a candidate. Therefore, it really depends on your condition. I would suggest visiting a good clinic. The doctor over their will guide you. This is what our doctor did. I am glad I took his advice.

The journey to a surrogacy clinic looks very different for each couple or individual. Sometimes this road is short and smooth. Other times it is a long and wearying process. The decision to seek help through surrogacy is an incredibly personal one. For those couples who want children but cannot safely get pregnant. Or those who are having difficulty conceiving. - Srrogacy offers them a chance to create the family they've always wanted. It's well known that certain medical conditions can make pregnancies extremely risky for the mother and/or her baby. Sometimes a medication to treat an illness can make conception difficult or even life threatening. For example, if the mother has a heart condition or cancer, her doctors may strongly advise her from ttc. In these instances, it can be heartbreaking for a woman to learn that her medical condition prevents her from carrying her own child. But once the reality starts to sink in, surrogacy is a logical option. I would advise women who worry that health conditions may affect their pregnancy to consult with their dr about the possibility of surrogacy.
By far the most difficult path to a surrogacy clinic is through infertility. Couples may ttc for years, experience multiple miscarriages, or even pay thousands of dollars for IVF treatments without success on this journey. Conditions like: PCOS. Primary ovarian insufficiency. Blocked fallopian tubes. Uterine fibroids. Advanced maternal age etc. Seemingly a hundred other things can all lead to infertility. And of course, there’s always the chance that doctors cannot figure out why a couple is infertile. Meaning you're into the case of unexplained infertility. Couples facing infertility have a lot of difficult choices to make. But the aim's the same - The woman desperately wants to experience the joy of pregnancy. If no – then have sb else to carry the baby for her. Surrogacy allows all those dreams come true. The point is to choose the highly respectable, reputable place to be treated at. Which is never easy though.
Natashaa23 wrote:
They are two very different kinds of methods. So, I don't know why you're deciding between the two. It would make more sense to actually get the tests done, first. You should visit the fertility clinic. Let the professionals handle your case. Good luck to you! Whatever you choose, I hope it's successful.

There are many reasons why a couple might choose to take the route of having a baby through a surrogate mother. Those are only some common ones.~
Same sex couples. Gay couples, for example, will sometimes use donated eggs and the services of a surrogate mother to create a family.
Age. Many clinics have a specific age range requirement when accepting surrogates or gestational carriers.
Personal decision. Everyone has the right to build families in the way that supports their personal choices. For some women, surrogacy might be not a medical choice, but a social choice! (But it's possible only in several countries. As in the most contries where surrogacy is legal and well regulated you'll have to prove your disability of carrying kids yourself.)
Unterus absence. The woman in a couple wishing to start a family may not have a uterus. This can be the result of a rare genetic malformation. It's known to affect as many as one in twelve thousand women. Or these might be the women who have had their uterus removed. Sometimes this is a necessary step in treating such medical conditions as cancer. The lack of a uterus precludes any possibility of the woman bearing a child herself.
Uterine structural problem. Less severe than the mentioned above. A woman might have an uterine defect. It makes conception of a child difficult. Or the woman cannot carry the kid to term. Sometimes, a malformation of the uterus can have little impact on conception, so that it's still possible for the woman to carry the kid herself.
Finally, some medical conditions like heart disease, kidney disease, or severe diabetes can turn a pregnancy into a life-threatening event for mother and child alike. as might a history of certain types of cancer. Also if the woman is taking certain medicines to treat an unrelated health problem or physical condition may put an unborn child's health at risk.
Naturally, there are many other reasons for opting to have a child via surrogacy. People who could see their dream of a biological child made reality by means of surrogacy.
The point that the former writer has been through multiple miscarriages makes her the true candidate for surrogacy. Then it's purely her individual choice whether to use this option or not.
Drmbig13 wrote:
Well, I think IVF is a very good option. But the downside is it is time taking and painful. On the other hand, surrogacy is much better, as you would not have to go through all this. There are pros and cons to both. You really need to weigh them. Infertility is more common than we know. It is necessary to know of these treatments.

I see your point. To find the best treatment option for you, keeping of course age in mind, the first thing that should be done is looking for the cause behind recurrent IVF failure. It may be due to various causes, including: the IVF treatment protocol, the clinic, the sperm quality, the eggs, or your uterus. For instance, if it is due to either low sperm or egg quality, or even both, you may consider using donor sperm and/or eggs. If the cause is related to your uterus, surrogacy may be a good option for you to have a child. Talk with your doctor about it so that s/he can schedule the proper checkups for you in order to find the cause behind IVF failure.
It's well known that certain medical conditions can make pregnancies extremely risky for the mother and/or her baby. Sometimes a medication to treat an illness can make conception difficult or even life threatening. For example, if the mother has a heart condition or cancer, her doctors may strongly advise her from ttc. In these instances, it can be heartbreaking for a woman to learn that her medical condition prevents her from carrying her own child. But once the reality starts to sink in, surrogacy is a logical option. I would advise women who worry that health conditions may affect their pregnancy to consult with their dr about the possibility of surrogacy.
Couples may ttc for years, experience multiple miscarriages, or even pay thousands of dollars for IVF treatments without success on this journey. Conditions like: PCOS. Primary ovarian insufficiency. Blocked fallopian tubes. Uterine fibroids. Advanced maternal age etc. Seemingly a hundred other things can all lead to infertility. And of course, there’s always the chance that doctors cannot figure out why a couple is infertile. Meaning you're into the case of unexplained infertility. Couples facing infertility have a lot of difficult choices to make.
Surrogacy is a selfless act, but the surrogate mother is entitled to rights and protections as well. It clearly depends on the country you're visiting for this purpose. Medical consent is a major provision within a surrogacy contract. it means that both the intended parents and surrogate must agree to testing for medical conditions and communicable diseases. Before the match is confirmed, it’s also important to discuss termination to ensure you share the same feelings and beliefs. A woman’s right to choose legally extends to surrogates, but if termination breaches the contract she would not be entitled to compensation and may face other legal implications.
If you choose IVF using OE, they'll stimulate your ovaries. To promote the production and maturation of multiple egg cells. In other words ovulation is induced in the intended mother by means of hormone replacement therapy. The goal of this phase is that all the eggs that start growing in this cycle are able to complete the maturation process. In a natural cycle (without using fertility drugs), only one egg accomplishes this goal. By doing this, the clinic increases the chances for success of IVF. The higher the number of good quality eggs, the greater the chances for fertilization to result in viable embryos. which are able to implant and lead to an ongoing pregnancy. The duration of this stage may vary on a case-by-case basis. Generally it'll take you from 6 to 10 days. Throughout this stage, it is necessary for the patient to attend regular gynecological examinations in order to monitor follicle development and schedule a day for collecting the mature eggs from the ovary.
But in most cases, where the uterus is free of any obvious problems, switching to DE IVF is more likely to bring you success. If your eggs are responsible for the problem - Even transferring them to a surrogate’s uterus will produce the same result. IVF with self-eggs in women over 40 years of age is known to result in poor quality embryos, almost 75% of which are chromosomally abnormal. Hence, the low rate of IVF success in older women. It is believed that older eggs have an inefficient spindle apparatus that is unable to line up the chromosome pairs properly. Pairs of chromosomes are not split properly, leading to an alteration in the required balance of 23 chromosomes per egg. Quite tricky, eh?
I personally think that surrogacy would’ve worked out better for me. Had I known what horror would my pregnancies bring upon us. But still, IVF would be better for other women as it allows getting pregnant and carrying a childe yourself. Which is a blessing. Yes, I do still think that it is!
We have signed with Wolrd center of baby, it a Ukrainian agency. One of the best ones there! We are in the middle of a surrogacy program and I am really happy that we have made this decision eventually.
xx
Jeneliasmith5 wrote:
Hello ladies. I am new to the forum. I have read many posts and its good to see people giving honest suggestions to each other. I have tried conceiving thrice. All in vain. After every 10-12 weeks, my pregnancy results in a miscarriage. I have now lost all my hopes. My husband wants to be a dad. I also want to enjoy the journey of motherhood. It feels so bad at times. Many people have suggested us for IVF and surrogacy. What should we really do? Which option is good for us? I hope I get my answer soon. Thanks to you guys.

Surrogacy is neither cheap nor easy path to pass. Obviously, the surrogate’s general state of health, pregnancy history and lifestyle above all. Apart from that, common aspects that every IP should take into account when choosing their gestational carrier are:
Diet - how willing the prospective surrogate is to follow certain guidelines as to what she should eat and what not is a crucial aspect. Remember that the diet a woman follows during pregnancy may have an impact on the unborn child’s health.
Interaction - while some intended parents have a preference for being fully involved in their surrogate’s life during and after pregnancy via phone calls, Skype, appointments, etc., others do not feel this need to stay in contact that much with their surrogate.
Invasive procedures - is your surrogate comfortable with surgery and other invasive procedures that may become necessary throughout the pregnancy, such as amniocentesis?
Pregnancy termination or reduction - multifetal pregnancy reduction (MFPR) is a procedure used to reduce the number of fetuses in cases of multiple births. On the other hand, pregnancy termination or embryonic arrest is another aspect to keep in mind before signing the contract. Do you and the surrogate agree on what to do if any of these issues arose?
If she is single - in case your surrogate is not married, another aspect to take into consideration is whether she is planning to date someone while she is carrying your baby.
Husband’s or partner’s opinion - conversely to the previous aspect, in case the surrogate is married or in a relationship, the opinion of her partner must be fully taken into account in order to prevent the occurrence of any problem related to paternity rights, for instance.
Responsiveness - during the entire process, surrogates are sent various requests from the agency/clinic. In this sense, my advice is that you look for a responsible woman; otherwise, she may not be committed to follow the schedule.
Support system - whether she can count on the support of her close relatives, husband/partner, friends, etc. It is essential to evaluate what will be the support system the surrogate will have during the surrogacy process - is she going to be supported by a partner, a parent, a roommate..?
Of course, intended parents may look for different characteristics in a surrogate, according to their special requirements, situation, geographic location, etc. You can share your ideas and/or concerns with your clinic in order to select the surrogate that best fits your needs.
Stay well smile
Sign in to follow this topic