Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Public holiday Lock Rss

I'm having an elective csection for my second baby (first was emergency). At ny last appointment they said they do it at 39 weeks, and for me that falls on 22nd April - which I believe is good friday.
I'm guessing they probably wont do it on this day. So does anyone know what Queensland Health usually do in this situation - or is it up to the individual hospital?
I'll be having bub at Logan hospital if this helps at all...

I'm having an elective csection for my second baby (first was emergency). At ny last appointment they said they do it at 39 weeks, and for me that falls on 22nd April - which I believe is good friday.
I'm guessing they probably wont do it on this day. So does anyone know what Queensland Health usually do in this situation - or is it up to the individual hospital?
I'll be having bub at Logan hospital if this helps at all...

I'd ring the hospital and ask them. I too was due for an elective caesar on Good Friday 2010 and because it was a public holiday they rescheduled it for the Thursday instead. They told me they would leave Good Friday for emergencies only but this was in NSW.
I'd say it would depend on the hospital. When I had my elective, they said- you can;t have it before this date (39 weeks), but I could choose a date.
They'd probably do it at least one day early though as Easter is a fair chunk of holidays!
Best give them a ring to get a definite answer and so you're prepared smile

Sign in to follow this topic