Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

VBAC or CS Lock Rss

Really it depends on how much you want to try again for a natural birth. I had a planned cs for medical reasons for my first and suffered emotinally afterwards as I really had been focussed on a natural birth. After a planned CS your recovery is gerenally great (compared to an emergency and remembering it is still major surgery) but I was up cleaning my room the next day, off painkillers by the time I was discharged. Driving in a week or so and resting and taking things slow but finctioning.
I had a failed VBAC for my second and the recovery was horrendous. I couldn't walk upright for 5 days. I counted the hours down to any and all pain relief possible.
I was told by a number of girlfirneds about the difference in recovery from emergency to planned but dismissed it when I was focussed on my VBAC.
My advice is if there's a good chance that it will end up a cs and you aren't hung up on wanting to try again for a natural birth, go the planned cs.
Thank you very much everyone, you have all given me something to think about. It's definately helps to know that things are generally better the second time around.
I still haven't decided what I am going to do but thankfully bub isn't due for another 13 weeks so I have a bit of time.
I'll see what the ob has to say at our next visit and they may be able to tell me if it all still looks good for a VBAC or not.

Thanks again everyone

bub isn't due for another 13 weeks so I have a bit of time.
I'll see what the ob has to say at our next visit and they may be able to tell me if it all still looks good for a VBAC or not.

The best thing you can do to prepare for a VBAC is research. You've got plenty of time smile You are waiting on your OB to tell you if you can, but you need to be prepared to tell them what you will and won't accept because many of their restrictions will not help you achieve your VBAC. It's sad to read here of so many unsuccessful attempts and yet then see those same women HAD to be induced or HAD to be constantly monitored. If you really want a natural birth, then do the research yourself, don't rely on your ob to tell you.
Sign in to follow this topic