1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Planning for Pregnancy
  5. Trying for 2nd, period was regular now irregular

Trying for 2nd, period was regular now irregular Rss

Hello

Has this ever happened to anyone?

For ages my period came ever 28 days, and last month it was 32 and it was suppose to come yesterday and no sign (I'm not pregnant I did a test and its negative)

Anyways this makes it hard to pinpoint when I am ovulating I check for the signs and there are some but how do I know that that is really my O day?

should I be concerned about my change in cycle? I am wondering if I should go and see the doctor?

We have been trying to have our 2nd for four months! no luck yet!

thanks

bye

melly

melissa, vic, Patrick 2.5 & Laura 15 months

Hi Melissa,

Are under any stress at the moment?? Sometimes that could be the cause of irregular periods. It's totally up to you whether you decide to go the doctors.

I have found a couple of good websites that may help you to work out when you are ovulating, they are
www.pregnancycalendar.com

www.fertilityfriend.com

These 2 you will have to register with them, but it's free

I have one other that you don't have to register with it's
www.babyhopes.com

I hope these help you
Take Care and Good Luck

Karen, Vic, Nicholas 26/10/02

Hi Melly,

Stress and diet are just 2 things that can affect your cycle... if you are concerned you should speak to your doctor. Usuallly when trying to conceive a baby it can take 6-12 months even when there is nothing wrong. If you are putting pressure on yourself to conceive this can also be a stress that will affect you.

There are kits you can buy from the pharmacy to pin point your O day... ovulating kits (can't think of the names right off the top of my head, sorry).

It took me nearly 2 years to conceive my first born (with 2 miscarriages in that time) But with my second I conceived first time we tried... it can be a bit of a guessing game.

I wish you much sucess with conceiving number 2.

Best wishes,

Michelle smile

Sign in to follow this topic