Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

ovulation tests Lock Rss

hi there i was wondering if anyone in NZ could suggest a good inexspensive ovulation test as i went to the chemist the other day to buy one and changed my mind when i saw the price $99.95!!! i had read and was told that they are around $20 so i was a bit taken back by the price. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated:) Thanks.

Amber, DS Bailey 09/03/04 & DS Astin 04/07/07

Hi Amber,

In Australia (you could get them in NZ too) you can buy the packs of 5 disposable ovulation tests from the supermarket or chemist that are around $20, they are the midstream urine ones.

The one that you probably saw was the saliva one that you can re use month after month (called maybebaby), thats why they are so expensive. The urine ones look for the LH surge that we each get when we are ovulating, but i have been told that you should probably test twice a day for about 5 days out of your cycle, so therefore it would probably cost you around $40 each cycle to test.

I just recently bought the saliva test (cost me $85) because i didnt want to go spending a fortune on disposable ones and possibly miss the LH surge anyway !

Hope this info helps !

Sarah

Declan 7/12/04 & Taryn 25/4/07

Hi Bays Mum

Have you tried your local supermarket. In Australia you can get them from coles, bilo and woolies. They range up to about $25. Thats for the urine test ones I think.

Good Luck

Sign in to follow this topic