Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

anyone with polycystic ovaries??? Lock Rss

Hi, i just got told I have PCO, not the syndrome though. I have multifollicular ovaries and am about to release 50 eggs this month!!! Im a litle frightened that I may have 51 children by next christmas!!!!! Has anyone got mutlifollicular ovaries and if so how did u go conceiving and was it multiple pregnancy. We have a 2 year old boy but have had 7 miscarriages. Think we are impregnating the wrong eggs!!!
I also have polycystic ovaries without the syndrome but haven't been able to concieve yet, so best of luck
Hi, I'm the same, I have polycystic ovaries but not the syndrome. My DH and I have only started TTC this month, so we'll see how we go.

Good luck. smile
hi there

i have p.o. with sydrome not fun but i have to boys one who is 7 but i had him before i had po with sydrome then i found out i had po with sydrome when i was in my early 20's i had an op to get the cyts removed and slits cut in my ovaires so i could have more children 3 months after i was with my parnter i found out that i was pregnant my youngest is now 10 months old but no i dont hae what u have sorry no help oh and i am now 26 yrs old

Hi, i just got told I have PCO, not the syndrome though. I have multifollicular ovaries and am about to release 50 eggs this month!!! Im a litle frightened that I may have 51 children by next christmas!!!!! Has anyone got mutlifollicular ovaries and if so how did u go conceiving and was it multiple pregnancy. We have a 2 year old boy but have had 7 miscarriages. Think we are impregnating the wrong eggs!!!

Are you sure he doesn't mean you use 50 eggs a month, PCO suffers tend to have multiple cysts trying to mature but testosterone stoping them from correctly maturing and don't tend to ovulate often. So normally women with PCO or PCOS tend to have alot of trouble TTC.
I have PCOS.

TTC No. 1 took nearly 8 years. Lots of Clomid cycles, an almost deadly ectopic pregnancy which meant I lost a tube, and finally we hit the jackpot with a single IVF cycle.

TTC No. 2 took 18 months which was 6 IVF cycles.

Losing weight didn't help in my case. I do recommend accupuncture and reflexology. I think my last IVF cycle worked thanks to those.

I am about to start on the process of a frozen embryo cycle, but am delaying until I am sure I am ready. I don't want to waste one! wink

My IVF cycles showed massive numbers of follicles (1 cycle they had an extra scientist in the room because they thought they may collect so many), but they are not all actually eggs, some are just fluid. I looked to have 50 for example and 14 were collected.

Good Luck.
I too have polycystic ovaries. I had ruptured cysts when I was only 13 years old and have been on the pill, to manage the symptoms and any further hospital visits, until starting TTC 2 years ago.

After coming off the pill in Sept 08 it took 7 months of TTC to fall preg but had m/c at 7 weeks. My GP said that I had a normal chance of getting preg again but my risk of another m/c was higher due to extent of the scar tissue.

2 cycles later I fell preg again without TTC and now have a 6 month old DS and we will be TTC#2 from Dec.
Hi there

I have PCO but not the syndrome. I only have 1 ovary as well I had my other removed at 9 yrs of age due to a tumor.
I have cyss removed twice on my remaining ovary. The last lot was only 8 months before TTC.

I was told I would have a lot of Trouble TTC but with my first preg, my DD, we got preg in 2 months and with this pregnancy it was 1st try.....And it was TWINS, however they are identical so that is from 1 egg fertilised not multiple eggs fertilised.

I hope your TTC journey goes well and you don't end up with 50 children. smile
I was finally diagnosed with PCO after 4 pregnancies!!! I have no troule falling pregnant whatsoever, longest time was 3 cycles....

I get excruciating OV pain and used to get really heavy AF but fortunately that has eased off after having kids, I had a large cyst and multiple small ones removed when I was 15.... I was basically told after diagnoses though that unless I was on the pill there is nothing they can do to help the pain and the pill doesn't agree with me so I just use painkillers around OV time....

The sonographer and DR were shocked that I fell preg so easily as there are a lot of cysts apparently, about to start TTC again so hopefully it happens quickly
Sign in to follow this topic