Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

TTC #2 Rss

Hi,

As above we have decided to start TTC #2 as DS is almost 18mths now.
Am not overly bothered what sex we get either way but as #2 will be our last and all my sisters have all boys, just wanted to rest my mind a little by thinking I 'tried' at least a few lil tricks to get that girl!
I don't want to read endless pages of mumbo jumbo about the scientific logistics of it because as above we're not overly fussed just wondered if any of you out there had any simple ideas we might incorporate to TTC a girl?

Cheers
i am a huge coca cola addict and when i was TTC my first two i was drinking it like i always had- consistenly both times i ended up with boys...after i had DS2 i drank lots of milk and fell pregnant by accident and continued drinking lots of milk because at the time nothing tasted beter than a browns chocolate milk hahaha, well i had a girl i had hear caffeine helps make a boy and milk makes a girl sure worked for us and we werent even trying lol
me and my mum were talking the other day bout this as i have a DS and want another one (my mum has 3grandsons already but no granddaughters) and she said that BD before Ovulating is better for a boy (they are slower and it gives them more time to get there) and BD more after ovulation for a girl (they are faster). not sure how "factual" this is but hey its worth a try (and it does kinda make sense ) blink
i also think this was a subtle hint.lol

me and my mum were talking the other day bout this as i have a DS and want another one (my mum has 3grandsons already but no granddaughters) and she said that BD before Ovulating is better for a boy (they are slower and it gives them more time to get there) and BD more after ovulation for a girl (they are faster). not sure how "factual" this is but hey its worth a try (and it does kinda make sense ) blink
i also think this was a subtle hint.lol

boys are faster swimers and die quicker and girls are slower but live longer...you have to try two to three days before ovulation if you wanta girl so it gives time for the male sperm to die =)
ahhhh thought it might have been that way round, just thought i would put it up and if i had got them mixed up someone would fix it!! thanks!!!!!!!
grin grin grin

ahhhh thought it might have been that way round, just thought i would put it up and if i had got them mixed up someone would fix it!! thanks!!!!!!!
grin grin grin

hahaha laugh
also another fun fact u have a 51% chance of a boy and it increases to 56% through ivf
I heard that the only thing that works for a girl is to have sex 2-3days before ovulation then dont have it agian(without protection until the same time the next month) we are going to start TTC#3 next year, hopefully it works as i want a girl, and ive heard everyother tricks are all myths they had a thing last year on kerri-anne show

I tried the 'Shettles method' and I had a girl. However it is 50/50 so don't knowif I got Lucky???
Thanks all for your posts ... some good ideas to keep in mind smile

I tried the 'Shettles method' and I had a girl. However it is 50/50 so don't knowif I got Lucky???

me too
Sign in to follow this topic