Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Planning for Pregnancy
  5. IVF - 28 years old - PCOS - success stories?

IVF - 28 years old - PCOS - success stories? Rss

Have you tried letrozole? I'm 28 as well with PCOS, and hubby and I had been TTC since 2011. I've tried clomid, metformin, as well as a whole slew of natural remedies like maca, and as a last ditch effort before commencing IUI earlier this year my OBGYN decided to have me try Letrozole....and I got a BFP the very first cycle! It's a medication used to treat breast cancer, however it also makes you ovulate; so similar to clomid, but it worked for me when clomid didn't smile

He also had hubby start on a high antioxidant diet, to boost out chances of baby making success. Has your husband had his sperm tested? It might be a good idea to consider, in case there are other factors to consider.

Good idea with the acupuncture too - I did that for a year and that really helped my with regulating my periods.

Good luck with it all, don't be discouraged it will happen for you smile And it'll all be worth it!
Think positive.

I found out that I had PCOS 5 yrs ago(2009), I'm still single that time. My oby told me that it will be hard for me to get pregnant. She prescribed me some tablets(I can't remember what was the name) and pills. After 6 months of taking meds I went back to my oby and told me to stop taking it and back after 6 months for another check up. I never showed up nor visited my oby again..LOL.. Eat fresh veggies and more fruits.. Antioxidant food could help you.

I was 28 years old when I get married--that was June last year. After 3 months of trying I got pregnant.
I gave birth last June.

You are still young so don't frustrate yourself. There's hope. wink

smile

hey there Foreverwaiting! I would suggest highly again metformin.from my experience try to control your insulin through your diet and use letrozole if you can or talk to your OBGN about it. I found letrozole better. Also, you mentioned you guys can only afford one cycle of IVF then I don't think you should be risking it. The holidays season is coming try to plan out a vacation from other countries, they are much cheaper and provide the same facility. Contact them beforehand though. The worst about IVF cycles in the states is that they have a poor success rate and cost way to much. The same services can be provided for much cheaper. I honestly can't seem to understand why anyone would opt for IVF cycles in the states.A lot of people get pregnant with PCOS do not be worried about that, the lesser the stress the more the chances.Try exercising as well you need to be in your best shape for IVF.So if you wanted to lose those extra pounds this would be a good time to do so.
I think its time you consider IVF. It is a process that has proven to be highly successful. The clinic I am visiting has so many couples who are going through the process. I recently was having a conversation with a pregnant lady, she was telling me about her IVF story. She told me that one of the reasons why her IVF was a success was because of the clinic. The clinic I am visiting is very passionate about their work. They make sure that whatever step they take the patient is fully aware of it. It is one of the reasons why my process so far is going go well. I am aware of everything that is going on. They also have all the latest equipments which will ensure that procedures like IVF go well. I hope you the very best of luck. Don't get disheartened. I am sure things will get better. If you need more help and information do let me know. Sending baby dust your way.
We did IUIs and IVFs with OE. Every failed procedure was so hard on me. I would get depressed for a few days. Especially when my period would start with a rager the day after the blood test. Like, yes, I know I’m not pregnant, you can stop rubbing it in now, thank you very much!! Dh was getting upset at me for being sad. He was worried I would be going to spiral into another full blown depression if we kept going. I completely understood his argument. But knew he could never understand how betrayed I felt by my body. I was so focused on doing everything right to get a baby that I was unconsciously pushing him away.. Like I didn’t need him or our relationship.. Just his sperm. It was really horrible. I was convinced that it wasn’t going to work on our last attempt so I said screw it. I’m not putting this before us again and we went on vacation the day of the procedure. I drank and we had loads of sex, I didn’t let myself get worked up about the baby. If we couldn’t have kids we still needed a relationship for the next 40+ years, so us first became my motto. Then we got the call from the clinic saying it was positive!! beta rising steadily high =)
Hey. How are you doing? I have a story for you. A friend of mine recently underwent IVF. She also had PCOS like you. She did conceive a baby through IVF but that happened after her second cycle. The first one didn't work obviously. She had lost all hope. She didn't want to go for the second one. But her doctors believed it would happen. They talked to her. She decided to go for it again. I know of a place where you can get this done at an affordable price if you are worried about the costs. Let me know if you need recommendations. Good luck.
Hello. IVF can be really expensive in some places. But I do know of some clinics that are comparatively more affordable. I can recommend one to you if you wish. I'm sure you will be able to afford more cycles there. That would give you more chances of conceiving a baby through IVF. I'm sure you will make a wise decision. Good luck.
Cathymccartney098 wrote:
Hey. How are you doing? I have a story for you. A friend of mine recently underwent IVF. She also had PCOS like you. She did conceive a baby through IVF but that happened after her second cycle. The first one didn't work obviously. She had lost all hope. She didn't want to go for the second one. But her doctors believed it would happen. They talked to her. She decided to go for it again. I know of a place where you can get this done at an affordable price if you are worried about the costs. Let me know if you need recommendations. Good luck.

Having to endure not one but two or more unsuccessful cycles of IVF is painfully frustrating. Causes of recurrent implantation failure may be varied and involve: • the egg • the sperm • the embryos created • the woman’s uterus • maternal and paternal health, or • a combination of these factors. The quality of a woman’s eggs is important in creating a healthy embryo. The reason for this is that the egg does most of the work in accepting the DNA from sperm and facilitating the mix of genes resulting in the creation of an embryo. As maternal age advances, the percentage of chromosomally abnormal eggs increases, reducing the chance of creating a healthy embryo naturally. The proportion of embryos that are chromosomally normal ranges from 50% for those created from an under 30 year old woman’s eggs, to as low as 5% for eggs from a woman over 44 years of age. There is also growing evidence that low ovarian reserve is associated with poor oocyte quality and a past history of endometriosis and ovarian surgery may also reduce egg health and quantity. Estimated at 35 years of age 40% of embryos tested are chromosomally abnormal; at 40, 80% and 42, 93%. This explains why many embryos don’t implant and many pregnancies miscarry, providing a strong rationale for embryo testing.
Sign in to follow this topic