Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

ET- what to expect?? Rss

Hi, lovelies! Just in case anyone here is just about to head off for ET, thought I could share some of the things to expect.
Embryo transfer usually takes place two to six days after egg retrieval.
You might be given a mild sedative. The procedure is usually painless, although you might experience mild cramping. (The doctor or nurse will insert a long, thin, flexible tube called a catheter into your vagina, through your cervix and into your uterus. A syringe containing one or more embryos suspended in a small amount of fluid is attached to the end of the catheter. Using the syringe, the doctor or nurse places the embryo or embryos into your uterus.) If successful, an embryo will implant in the lining of your uterus about six to 10 days after ET. After the procedure you can resume your normal daily activities. However, your ovaries may still be enlarged. Consider avoiding vigorous activity, which could cause discomfort.
Typical side effects include: Passing a small amount of clear or bloody fluid shortly after the procedure. Due to the swabbing of the cervix before the embryo transfer. Breast tenderness due to high estrogen levels. Mild bloating. Mild cramping. Constipation. If you develop moderate or severe pain after the embryo transfer, contact your doctor. He or she will evaluate you for complications such as infection, twisting of an ovary and severe ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome.
Take care, lovelies, and all the best of luck with your ETs!!
Hey there! Thank you for sharing this valuable information with us. But no one gets to know about this if they don't experience it. I was unaware of these things but, when I found out about my infertility I did a lot of research and then came across a good clinic which pointed me in the right direction. Clinics are the most important thing in this journey. I m glad I found the right place for myself. Stay Blessed!
MarilynRivera wrote:
Hey there! Thank you for sharing this valuable information with us. But no one gets to know about this if they don't experience it. I was unaware of these things but, when I found out about my infertility I did a lot of research and then came across a good clinic which pointed me in the right direction. Clinics are the most important thing in this journey. I m glad I found the right place for myself. Stay Blessed!

Thanks for your best wishes. I'm glad you feel comforatble with the place you're with. May I ask, where are you passing the treatments? And what are the treatment plans cost? We were doing ''guaranteed''plan EUR 10. Meaning we signed up for 5 shots (DE IVF) . If no luck within those 5 rounds - they would have to refund all money paid back.
Hi! I m also going for IVF with DE. I m just in the starting days of my treatment. This clinic also a guarantee program like you mentioned. I just hope it works out for me now. Good Luck to you too.
This is some extremely informative news. Thank you for sharing the knowledge. When I found out that I had DOE I honestly had no idea what to do. I had to search soo much to gain information on this. However, now with the improvement in the technology things have drastically improved. I hope my process goes well. Its really all about the clinic you decide to visit. Good luck to all.
Sign in to follow this topic