Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

ovulation tests Rss

Hi Ladies
We are ttc #2. Our daughter was a surprise, so this is the first time we have been through the planning/trying to fall pregnant scenario. Just wondering if someone can tell me a rough price of ovulationt tests and the best brand(s) to buy, and of course, do they really work.

Thanks in advance

Tracy, SA, DD 15/3/04 & TTC #2

Hello there, I'm currently just starting ttc our third, I've been trying to chart my cycle with ovulation tests and all soughts of things but have only just got my cycle back as I was still feeding DD#2. You can buy them from supermarkets or chemists, supermarkets are cheaper though. Usually coles sell a pack of 5 ovulation strips and one preg test for $20 or 7 ovulation strips only for $20. That is the fortel brand. I have also used the confirm brand which is a bout the same cost with 5 ovulation strips and one preg test however you can get it from BIG W for $9 up against $25 from a chemist. I also purchased a fertilty friend off ebay ( cheaper version of maybebaby,) it was $30 and is okay but seeming as my cycle has been all over the place it takes a few months to get used to it. You just put saliva onto a lens and when it drys it shows either dots or ferns to tell you whether you are ovulating or not. I think this is a good idea as it is battery operated and you can use it over and over and it's only 30 bucks. I can't tell you how many times I've bought ovulation strips and not been ovulating and wasted the money. However when I think I'm ovulating I use the microscope and ovulation strip as well just to be 100%. Sorry it's so long winded. Hope this helps.

Emeilia 24.06.04, Holly 13.12.05 #3 due 21.11.07

Sign in to follow this topic