Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

IVF Experience Rss

Has anyone gone through the emotional journey of IVF. Would like to share stories.

Victoria ~ 3yr old beautiful twin boys

Hi Victoria,

I've gone through IVF so I know how you must be feeling.

I have a beautiful 2.5 year old boy named Finlay who was conceived through IVF and I'm now pregnant with my second baby also conceived through IVF.

The first time I went through the cycle it wasn't successful and even though both my husband and myself appeared healthy with no reason for our infertility, the doctor didn't hold out much hope but second time around, we conceived! His embryo was the only one which progressed so after a couple of years of again trying for our second baby, we had to go through the entire cycle again. This time it worked first time and I also have three frozen embryo's as well so my dreams of a large family may actually come true.

I found at the time that I was going through IVF, that I didn't feel like I was all that stressed or worried, it was only after that unsuccessful attempt that I broke down and realised how hard it all was. The whole experience is so draining yet you have to continue on your life as normal, even knowing the fear that maybe you will never have a baby.

What was your experience like? My cousin and his wife also went through IVF to have their little girl and then once she was born, 6 weeks later they fell pregnant naturally. It was such a shock to them as they never expected it to happen. They ended up with 2 babies under 1! It must be difficult for them, but I still consider them so very lucky as I had to keep trying and was still unsuccessful after two years.

I have no complaints though. I think IVF is remarkable and I have a beautiful baby boy who is just our biggest joy. I am also 20 weeks into this pregnancy and when people ask me whether I want a boy or girl, I always think, I don't care, I'm just so happy to have a baby, the sex of which is very very unimportant.

I also thought that after I had my first baby, that the need for another baby wouldn't hit me as strong. Boy was I wrong! After not conceiving for so long, I started to slip into a bit of depression yet again as I saw all these babies all over the place, and the other mothers in my mothers group falling pregnant so easily, even if they didn't want to. This time though, as soon as the depression started I did something about it and started on IVF as soon as possible. The first time around, after years of trying, I realised that I was very depressed and had an utter feeling of no control. Once I took that step to start talking to doctors and getting help, I felt so much better about myself and finally had a bit of hope.

Let me know your story as I know the emotional rollercoaster that you go through.
Yvette,

Reading your reply was like reading MY diary. There are so many similarities. Can you give me your email address and I will reply direct. What state are you in? Keen to talk. smile

Victoria ~ 3yr old beautiful twin boys

Hi Victoria,

I'm in NSW as well. My email address is yvette.evans@travelcorporation.com.au

Look forward to hearing from you.

Yvette
Hi
I've also done IVF. Had 9 attempts, 7 transfers, 1 M/C and now have a 12 month old boy. I'm currently hoping to do a fET in February.

I don't think I will post my IVF story on here as I could fill a novel, but if you would like to contact me on asrex@hotkey.net.au I would love to hear from you.
Best wishes
Sign in to follow this topic