Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Multivitamins?? Rss

Was wondering if anyone has found that pregnancy multi-vitamins are any good? I'm finding that I'm not eating as much as I used to believe it or not!! I eat a good breakfast (cereal, toast, tea), but my lunch time when the lunch guy comes around I don't feel I want anything. I'm drinking water throughout the day, but I try to eat a sandwich and I either feel sick, or just don't want it. I manage to eat a muslei bar and/or an apple later in the afternoon. Then again at dinner time, I don't want to eat. I cook for my partner, but sometimes the smell makes me want to be sick! I'm worried I may not be giving the bub any useful vitamins. Can anyone offer any advice? I do try to drink plenty of milk for calcium. By the way I'm 18 1/2 weeks pregnant.

Lisa

Lisa, Qld, Mum to be

Hi Tamba

When I first found out I was pregnant I started on the blackmores pregnancy vitamins but they are very big and you have to take 2 and as I was quite nauseous I avoided taking them. I switched to Elevit which are a bit more expensive (about $60 for 100) but you only have to take one a day and they are a little bit smaller and I think these are reccomended by drs and stuff.

hope this is useful.

Steph

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

Hi Lisa,

When I was pregnant, my doctor advised me to take elevit, a multi-vitamin for pregnancy. When I was sick and not eating properly I never worried about my son because the baby will take everything it needs and you are the one that gets whatever is left. The vitamin just gave me a boost, i think it worked well and its a common one that I have heard alot of pregnant women taking. It can be bought from any chemist.

Good luck
Tracy

Tracy NSW, 2 boys, 4 and 2

Thanks Stephanie and Tracy,
Might try giving Elevit a go. I didn't realise that the baby took what he/she needed first. That's a little bit of a relief! Anyway, I'll see how I go.

Thanks Again
Lisa

Lisa, Qld, Mum to be

Sign in to follow this topic