Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Good pregnancy foods???? Rss

Hi there

Just another question. I know there are some foods you shouldn't eat while you're pregnant, but are there any super foods that you should eat to have a healthy pregnancy and to benefit the baby?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Until later...

roy,mumof2,nsw

Hi Roy,

I think it is everyone for them selves....... alot of people can hate me for writing this but i say every pregnant women should eat what ever she likes!!!!!!!
if i feel like eating somethin i eat it or drink it what ever the case........
i have alot of pregnant people around me or people who think their experts..... this is my third child (im 27 weeks not) and i eat all that i can..... healthy food junk food sea food you name it i feel like it ill eat it.........
i get lectures from my sister who is 12weeks that i shouldnt drink coke or eat chocolate...... it causes a hyperactive baby............ i ate and drank both with my first two and no way are they hyper......... i then get lectures from my sister in law not to eat eggs, my meat (i like it to be a lil pink) and avacado........that they are bad for the baby...... this is from a person who is still smoking and still occassionally drinking !!!!!!!!!!!!
my partner almost got hooked up in the craze as everyone was in his ear cause i wouldnt listen to them............ i said though which is something i beleive is true.........
WHAT YOU EAT WHILE PREGNANT YOUR CHILD IS RECEIVING, IF YOU DO NOT DRINK THAT COKE AND DECIDE WHILE BREAST FEEDING TOO DO SO, THAT COKE WILL AFFECT THE BABY 10X MORE THEN WHAT IT WOULD IF YOU HAD IT WHILE PREGNANT......... DO YOU AGREE?????????????

BUT LIKE I SAID........ EVERY PREGNANT PERSON....

EAT WHAT YOU WANT .... ONE BOOK CAN SAY ONE THING AND THE OTHER CAN SAY THE OPPOSITE......... YOU KNOW IN YOUR HEAD,HEART WHAT IS RIGHT AND WHAT IS WRONG IT IS YOUR CHOICE!!!!!!!!!
Roy,

Everything in moderation is probably the key. Good to avoid the foods and drinks you are meant to avoid and good to avoid caffeine, drugs and cigarettes as well. Lots of fruit and vegetables, lots of milk and calcium rich foods. I'm no expert but follow what would normally consist of a good diet, cut out the things you shouldn't consume. I can't think of any super foods that you could eat off hand.

Hope i've helped a little.

Super.

bubsy32

Hiya,

If you are having problems with MS, and want to eat some really good food, try avacardoes, bananas, well cooked eggs or tuna. These are all great foods that help build energy and are great for bub.

Goodluck, how are you going?

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Isnt that weird TEPE,,,,,,

as in my last post i was told by my sister in law not to eat avacado................

i spoke to my midwife on monday with my routines........... we talked about food............

she sees no problems that would come from avacado......
with caffeine drinks its is to drink in moderation not to drink a litre a day...........
chocolate, new scientifc recsearch shows a pregnant person that eats chocolate has a happy content baby....... So which to believe is up to you... content or hyperactive........
eggs..... some say do not eat raw in anything it must be cooked first......... but by my midwife eggs are great for the baby as they are for us.....

By my last post you might read it any think MY GOD THIS WOMEN DOESNT CARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but like i said before the person eating would know by gut instinct what is good and what is bad and what to eat alot and what not to eat......

Good luck........... LET ME KNOW WHAT THE CRAVING ARE THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY ---------
Hi Young Mum,

I so agree on your cravings too, though! I have always believed you're desiring something you need.

I guess you just have to make your own mind up about what foods to eat...you can hear so many different things. My cousin won't touch caffein (so no tea), alcohol, or absolutely anything that might possibly be a problem. I know these are not good, but you have to live too.

Do what your body tells you, with a focus on good health!

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hi There,

I'm not for the preachy ones out there either. I say eat what you are comfortable eating... but I would avoid any foods that have a higher risk of giving you food poisoning. The only things I have avoided in my second pregnancy have been BBQ Chickens and Honey. A lot of people can get very carried away with telling you what you should and shouldn't eat, but really it is a personal choice how much you want to listen to all the hype.

Foods that are supposed to be really good for you are foods that are good for you normally. Things like fresh fruit and vegetables, meat, dairy... eat what your body tells you to eat and don't stress about a little weight gain.

Cravings usually are an indication that your body needs something, but as for me personally in my first pregnancy I craved sweet red apples and in my second and current pregnancy I craved vinegar. So I am not really sure what to make of that.

If you are super worried about eating while pregnant just stick with your healthy foods, but remember your body will need some fats and sugars too.

To each their own... enjoy your pregnancy and do what is best for you.

Michelle

P.S. I have indulged in 2 glasses of wine at seperate times throughout my second pregnancy and no harm has been done.
Cravings are a funny thing arent they!!!!!!

#1 pregnany wanted Chillies the hotter the better!!!!

#2 pregnancy wanted Strawberry and cream lollies:)smile

and #3 he craves avacado and for some reason ice!!! if i have a lil temperature change and my body feels it the baby goes nuts, so when its hot i cant lift my shirt up walking around the house cause he hates feeling any clodness, but he is just loving me eating ice!!!!!

im finding it WEIRD!!!!

ITS FINALLY GOOD TO READ THAT THEIR ARE "NORMAL" PEOPLE OUT THERE WHEN IT COMES TO FOOD AND PREGNANCY!!!!
Hey Young Mum,

Funny you should mention ice...

I have been munching on ice cubes throughout this pregnancy and with 18 days till my EDD I am sure to consume a whole lot more ice before bub arrives. If you asked me why I am munching on ice even when it's cold I couldn't tell you. I guess bub likes it...?

I munched in ice in my first pregnancy too.

If I have a hot shower and it hits my belly it sets off braxton hicks and if I get a cold belly that sets off braxton hicks too...

Pregnancy is a funny thing with what it does to our bodies.

Michelle.
Sign in to follow this topic