Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

first pregnancy Rss

hi everyone, this is my first pregnancy and am just wanting advice on what exercise is safe for me. I'm 10 and a half weeks and am finding it hard to get motivated because i am always so tired. I would appreciate any advise. Thanks, Nicole

Nicole NT

Nicole

Don't worry it is quite normal to feel so tired at the early stages of your pregnancy so RELAX cause once bubby comes along you will be doing plenty of excercise.

Good Luck

Bec
Thanks Bec. It's reassuring to hear this from an experienced mum.

Nicole NT

Hi Nicole,
After your first trimester (12 weeks), you may find you don't feel so tired all the time. If you feel you would like to exercise, walking and gentle swimming are great. Check with you doctor before doing anything more physical. Congratulations on the pregnancy.
Tracey

Mother of 3, Qld

Hi Nicole,
Congratulations on your pregnancy! I live in Perth but I was able to do a free arobics class at the hospital. It started at 13 weeks I think and it wasnt too strenuous. Also you can start again when your baby is 6 weeks old. So maybe ring around. Also there are pregnancy aqua arobics which I would love to do this time.
Enjoy being pregnant it is such a special time.

michelle, mum of jackson 13-02-03

Hi there,

I have a 13 month old daughter and am 12 weeks pregnant with my second bub. I have found swimming to be a safe and relaxing exercise. It can be done right throughout your pregnancy, if it is something you like to do.

Don't fight the feeling to relax though, your body needs rest too while it is hard at work creating the little miracle inside.

Best wishes for a healthy happy pregnancy.

Michelle smile
Hi!

Congratulations!! I found that after the tiredness and morning sickness passed (around week 12 for me) walking helped me. I played alot of netball before I fell pregnant and found it very hard to sit on the sideline and cheer! So I decided to keep up some fitness and walk every morning for an hour. I walked with my mum for company and the pace gets progressively slower as your belly grows!!

Plus I read that if you keep active while pregnant, you should have a shorter labour. I went into labour 2 days early and it lasted 6 1/2 hours with no complications and I believe I had a shorter labour because I kept active. Swimming was also great as you can keep cool while exercising.

Hope everything goes well for you!

Jean

jean&will

I would agree with Jean. If you're not up to too much exercise, don't stress about it, you're probably needing a lot of extra rest. I was totally exhausted doing anything until 12 weeks when the fatigue felt like it just feel off me! Then I started going for walks and enjoying the occasional swim. I put on 12kg during the pregnancy and have since lost 10kg (8 weeks). All the best!
Sign in to follow this topic