Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Fish oil capsules. Lock Rss

I am a big advocate of using fish oil for back pain and also for healthy brain development in babies, but the Pharmacist told me its not good to take when you are pregnant due to it having vitamin A in it which can cause birth defects. This news has crushed me! What am I supposed to take for my bad back. Im sure with my first pregnany I took probably about 4 capsules a day and my son is fine.What do you guys think?

JZ mum to Bradley 17/08/03 and Heidi 25/02/06

hi jz i would ask your dr, maybe they might think of an alternative to ease your back pain xx
Hi jz

I use a fish oil supplement that's suitable for pregnancy. It's called Efanatal and I think it's fantastic. It's not available at all Chemists or Health Food Stores so you'll need to search for it.

The Blackmores Pregnancy and Breast Feeding Formula has some fish oil in it too...

I'd have a chat with your doctor about alternatives to what you're currently using for your back pain. Better to be safe than sorry.

Best of luck.

Jennifer, DS 21/06/03, DS 16/10/05

Sign in to follow this topic