Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Working through pregnancy Rss

Hi everyone, just wondering how many other people out there are continuing to work full time during their pregnancy? This is my second pregnancy, work till the day before I gave birth to my son Braidon, and people think I am crazy wanting to work so long as apparently I should go off work before to rest. I currently have 17 weeks to go.

S Brooks, Hobart

Bear97
GO FOR IT if you can work through then work. I worked up to 2 weeks with my first and wouldn't have had it any other way but lucky I wasn't working with my second because I was in & out of hospital cause I was so sick.
So if u feel well enough Go For It.

Bec
If you feel you can do it then go for it. i worked 2 jobs (day job & part time night job) during my second pregnacy and i did fine. Don't let anyone tell you what is the "right thing to do" as everyone is different.

Vic, 2 girls - 9 yo & 17mth old

Hey, if you can handle it, then work till you want! At least you have something to do instead of wandering are your house wondering what to do!! I worked till I was 7 months pregnant and only gave it up because I physically couldn't do it anymore, but if I was in a job that I could continue to work right up then I would have stayed till the end! You are most certainly not crazy!

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

i had 5 weeks to go. i did phsyical work for all that time. i am paying for it now i have a really bad back as my daughter was so big. but i wouldn't have it any other way. i wont be able to work to long when we finally get preggas again. as my back is so bad. i am not a sit at home person i hate sitting still so i had to work.

Narelle, Eilish 5th june 2002 TTC since dec 2002

Hi Bear97

I agree that you should do what feels best for you, but being second time around, I would advise stopping work just a little bit earlier !!
I suppose it depends on whether being at home looking after your first child is more restful than being at work, where you may get the chance to put your feet up more often.
I also work full time.... at home looking after my two other children and I certainly don't feel like I am any better off than someone who is out in the workforce !! I have 17 weeks to go also and am wondering how I will get thru those last few weeks when things start getting very uncomfortable.....argh
At least I know I can put a video on for the kids for an hour and lie down before its time to get back into it again.
All the best

Carmel,Vic, 2 and counting...

Hi Bear 97,

I say go for it too!!

I worked till 3 days before No1 and 10 days before No2. Mind you i only worked 3 days second time round! Do what you feel is best, not what everyone tells you!

Take care,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the replies, that really have helped. Well only 11 weeks to go now and I sure am feeling it more than with my first, but like others who are full time mums at home what is the difference with being at work hey? I am sure we will all make it through fine.

Once again thanks for the comments, they have certainly made me feel like not everyone is against the idea.

S Brooks, Hobart

my baby is now 6 months old, whilst pregnant I tried to work as long as I could however the pressure on my back from sitting at my desk all day and the travelling almost two hours each way to and from work on public transport as at the time I did not have a licence, all this made me very tired mentally and physically, my advise is listen to your body you will know when you have had enough.

Vic, 3 y.o boy

Sign in to follow this topic