Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Pregnancy & Relationships
  5. If you could be a stay at home mum would you?

If you could be a stay at home mum would you? Lock Rss

im interested to know the mums who would love the chance to be a stay at home mum but may not be able to because of financial or other reasons?
i would in a heartbeat. i'm not looking forward to having my child in childcare at all!! missing out on precious moments you can never get back.

yep, i will for 12 months.

I returned to work 6 weeks after my son was born, I missed out on so much with him and i would do half a day of work before even going there.

Start of the December i left my job for good as in 4 weeks we are having another baby. Im loving being a SAHM.
i had my ds in the uk, so i was able to have 9month off with a part of my pay. It was great smile then i returned to work for 21 hours and altho my ds loved nursery and his friends i did find it hard work and i was tired all the time. I am now a full time stay at home mum since moving to nz (6 months ago) and my ds is now 2 1/2. I have to say through that i miss having something for myself so i will try and find a part-time job again.... i think kids who go to nursery get so much out of it smile my ds did anyway smile

Hi,

I am undecided. Financially I could be a stay at home mum but not sure how I would be without work (i enjoy my career). We are playing it by ear and are looking at possibly getting a nanny in for a few days a week. But not sure if they will be readily available and don't how I will take to motherhood.

I'll find out in about 10 weeks - this is our first and we are so excited.

Wendy

I would choose to be a stay at home mum for 6 months and then work one or two days a week after that.
[Edited on 17/01/2009]
I've been a stay at home mum for ... geez almost 7 years now!!!! and seen i got another one coming.. itll be a few more years yet till i work again if i ever do lol Financially it is hard alot of the time but its what i do best and ive never had an awesome career thats worth staying in so i guess this is it for me !

We're fortunate that I can be a SAHM but to begin with I thought I'd only stay at home for the first 12 months. Well, that was 2.5yrs ago and now we have another one on the way so it'll probably be quite a while before I think of going back again. I LOVED my career, still do, I thought I would miss it too much if I stayed at home longer than a year. But as the end of the first year rolled around I just couldn't imagine going back, and luckily I didn't have to. I will work again one day but for now I'm really happy where I am. I struggled with my identity for a while as I think all new mums do but then got very comfortable. And I know there's still years of work in me yet, so I'm not rushing to get back there. My kids will only be young for a few short years.

This is just how I feel, not what I think everyone should do.

I would love to be a stay at home mum. My daughter is nearly 4 months now. At the moment I have taken 12 months off. We'll see how things go. I just hate the thought of leaving my child in childcare. Just the other day I had to leave her with MIL for an hour or so, coz I needed to go to the doctor,I nearly died coz I missed her so much.
I know eventually I will have to go back to work and will have to leave my baby with someone:( I am just dreading that day.
But for now I am enjoying every second I spend with my little one

I'm staying home for 5 months after bub is born. We can't afford for me not to work and my leave only covers me for 12 weeks. My husband will be looking after bub when I go back to work for 10 weeks, then we'll re-evaluate everything over xmas. We have no family where we live so our only option is childcare if one of us isn't at home. My husband's job is flexible so he may be able to say home a couple of times a week. We'll have to see how things go once bub is born, who knows everything may change!
I'm staying home for 5 months after bub is born. We can't afford for me not to work and my leave only covers me for 12 weeks. My husband will be looking after bub when I go back to work for 10 weeks, then we'll re-evaluate everything over xmas. We have no family where we live so our only option is childcare if one of us isn't at home. My husband's job is flexible so he may be able to say home a couple of times a week. We'll have to see how things go once bub is born, who knows everything may change!
Sign in to follow this topic