Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Doubts about being a mum. Rss

My ex-boyfriend and I are expecting our son Mason on march 1st next year.
He is my first baby and I can't wait to meet him but since his dad left I just keep having doubts about whether I can do it ):
I have my family to support me, but I know i can't live with them for long as I want Mase to have his own room.
His father keeps messing with my head saying he wants me one week, then the next he doesn't and he hasn't spent a cent on Mase since he moved out 3 months ago.
I keep feeling like Mase deserves a better family than what I can give him. I don't have a job or a loving partner and I feel like he deserves to come into a family where his parents are together, love each other and financially stable.
Has anyone else felt like this? And did anything help?
Thank you in advance.
Hey amylee

First of all I want to say is you can do it darl it will be hard but you can do it.

Im a single mother of 2 soon to be 3 and at first i thought i wouldnt be able to but you wouldnt beleave the strength you gain when you look into there eyes. You have your family support which is GREAT we are lucky we have support from them there are lots mothers out there doing it on there own ( i take my hat of to those ladies). but darl you CAN do it. And as for your ex messing with your head doing what he is doing isnt what you need atm. my advice is yous broke up for a reson. my kids dad did that and i took him back every time we were on and off for a couple of years and i beleave it did more damage to all of us then good.

I dont know if any of this helped but im here if you ever need to talk.. smile stay strong
thank you so much that made me feel so much better smile
Sounds like you are better off without him then having him in yours & Masons life.

You can do this, you have your family there to support you through this challenging but very rewarding time in your life.

Neillie17 wrote:
Sounds like you are better off without him then having him in yours & Masons life.

You can do this, you have your family there to support you through this challenging but very rewarding time in your life.

As Neillie17 has said, you are probably better off without him.

Reading your story, it sounded exactly like my own situation at the moment. I broke up with my ex just days before finding out I was pregnant as he had cheated on me two weeks earlier.

One moment, he wants us to be together as a family, the next he doesnt want anything to do with us. He has bought nothing for our son Bailey or put any money towards anything. My friends and family have been so supportive and thanks to all of them, Bailey has everything he will need and is terribly spoiled already.

We are now having to organise a parenting plan and agreement to ensure that everything is in order to do with each of our rights, responsibilties and roles in Baileys life, before he arrives. He is due between March 23rd and April 4th.

Ive found myself full of doubt some days but then on others thinking how ridiculous I felt for thinking so negatively, its completely normal.

Im sure you will be a great mum. Just remember that your family are always there to help and dont be afraid to ask for help at all. Enjoy every moment before and once your son arrives, they are so precious and can be so easily missed if you blink.

Sign in to follow this topic