Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Pregnancy & Relationships
  5. Help my partner doesn't seem to care

Help my partner doesn't seem to care Rss

Hi everyone

I am currently 22 weeks pregnant and partner doesn't care. I try and get him to take me shopping but he doesn't want to go. When we found out the baby was a girl he changed towards me and the baby. I am lucky as i have both sets of parents wanting to help. How do i get him to get morew active in the pregnancy? All i want is to be happy with him and the baby but how.

Amy,QLD, mum to 1

Pregnancy is hard on the men too! My hubby always gets worried about the expenses of living and he gets worried about how he will support us...even though he has a job! They worry about you and the baby and for some reason they always seem to think of everything that can go wrong...gets them very worried and scared! Have you been able to find out what exactly is wrong? Is he the sort the will talk about whatever or keeps it to himself? See if you can find out what is really troubling him and then go from there! I'm sure he does care, about you and the baby girl!

Best wishes

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

Hi,

Have you asked what the problem is?

Us mothers are so lucky that we can feel the baby move around and get to see ourselves grow with this new life , but to our partners it doesn't seem to hit them untill they first hold their child in their arms.

Don't wory, it doesn't mean that he doean't care, it just might not seem real yet to him.

Mummy to Talana Michelle Kimberley (13/12/2003)

Sign in to follow this topic