Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

?Twins? Rss

Hi I am hoping that someone out there may be able to give me some insight as to what are the key tip offs that you are pregnant with twins

I am pregnant (a big suprise in itself) with ........wait for it .......my 5th baby (maybe babies )

Yes I am insane, but that is a seperate issue! lol

I am huge I am only 9 weeks and I am as big as as I was at about 17 weeks in any of my previous pregnancies.
I am aware that you loose tone of your stomach muscles after a few children ......I am pleased to say that I only had a I finger space after each baby (another side issue I know)

Both my husband and I have twins in our families.

I am booked in next week for a scan to check it all out.

Nervous mum lol

Juanita, QLD,10/94, 12/96, 01/98, 11/00, 05/06

Keep us updated smile

Amanda and Oscar (22 Feb 05)

hi mum2many...

I fell pregnant with twins in Oct 03 and I was showing at 8 weeks. I had my first hospital/midwife appointment at 11 weeks and they gave me an ultrasound because I was on the large side....My hubby's mother is a twin and my brother had boy/girl twins so it's in my family too.

So maybe you are having twins who know's but then again because this is your 5th child your body might show more easily????

Good luck with your scan next week, fingers crossed.

Joey.
my brother and sister are twins. i am expecting twins and one dead give away looking back in hindsight was how tired i was - my partner would very often have to dragg me to bed at 8.30pm as i had fallen asleep shortly after dinner at 7pm. also on the way home from work on the bus - its amazing i didnt actually miss my stop - i'd also fallen asleep. the tiredness eased when morning sickness took over!!

Becks, mum to be of twins

Hi Juanita,

After three uneventful pregnancies I was glad that the Obs wanted me in at 8weeks(because I was 34), as this pregnancy was different.

1. I don't usually nap, and yet I was napping during the day and going to bed at 830pm.
2. The previous pregs the nausea of the first was worst, second less so and the third minimal, and yet this time round I was sick all day (no retching).
3. The week of my missed period I had cramps( less so with sub preg), this time I had cramps for 3 weeks.
4. The worst was needing to pee every ten minutes.

I sat down to talk to my Obs and complained about the four things that were wrong with this pregnancy. He scanned me in his office and I think he knew what he was looking for. When people ask me what I felt when I was told I was having twins, I say 'relieved'.

Good luck.

Robynne-69 DH-61 DS1-94 DD1-96 DS2-99 DS3&DD2-04

Sign in to follow this topic