Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

The First Kick Rss

Hey guys,

I was just wondering how far along you were in your first pregnancy when you felt your first kick?

I am 19 weeks and can feel my active little bubs inside of me, although it is quite faint. Just wanted to know about other people's experiences

Karina, S.A, mum to Kaleb born 25/07/04

I first felt Maya kick at 17 weeks like little bubbles in my tummy. After that she just leapt around all the time and by 25 weeks I could see my tummy moving when she moved

Mum to Maya Grace 02-03, Sienna & Mercedes 10-06

I am 36 weeks and last night hubby and I were watching a soccer match going on in my belly and some really hurt smile its the weirdest feeling and I reckon so good for the dads as it really brings it to life for them don't you think?

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

I know that bubble feeling. I felt my first kick at 18 weeks. The strength is getting more prominant by the day. My partner tries to feel the kicks when bubs is extremly active but as they are fairly light at the moment can very rarely feel them. He gets excited though and can't wait til he can feel them all the time.

hi i was about 18 weeks when i felt eilish moving. it was like wind moving around. by 25 weeks you could define propper movement and after that there was a lot of movement when i wanted to sleep i used to push my belly into my fiances small of his back (where the back curves) and we'd sleep like that so he'd be able to feel the baby moving around too. so he felt like a part of our lives.

Narelle, Eilish 5th june 2002 TTC since dec 2002

i think it was about 18 weeks or a bit earlire its awesome hey? i loved being pregnant and would love to be again i dont want to never feel that excitement again

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Hey everyone
i was about 16 weeks when i first felt a kick and about a week later they were as strong as they are today and i am nearly 30 weeks along.
I kept thinking i was further along but on ultrasound measurements he is spot on his growth and must be just really really strong

chantelle+1,hobart,tas

Hey there.. congratulations I would have to say that the movements are what the experience of pregnancy is all about. I was around 14 weeks when I felt my first movements which they say is quite early, yet because I am quite small it was rather prominant. Everyday it is getting stronger and stronger and my partner finds it quite a laugh when the little angel digs its tiny feet into my ribs.. ouch.

Hope it is all going well.
Love Alex
xoxoxoxo

SA, beautiful baby boy born 3/04/04 my life

Hi Surprised Mum,

I am 19 weeks pregnant with my 2nd baby (a boy) and I can feel him moving around, but no definite kicking feeling at this stage.

With my daughter, my first pregnancy I felt a definite kick from her at 20 weeks.

It is such a comfort to feel your baby moving inside you, well I love it even if he starts the minute I lie down to go to sleep... oh, well.

Michelle smile
Hi! I was 17 weeks when I first felt the tiny signs of life within. I'm now 19 weeks and the baby hasn't stopped for 2 weeks, baby especially seems to enjoy moving during the night when I'm trying to sleep or rest. But I have to say it is so reassuring to know he/she is active and well. Best of luck.
Nicole

Nicole NT

hey guys.. thanks for all your replies smile

im 21 weeks preg now and my lil boy is still alive. Being my first pregnancy im a big panic merchant and when i dont feel him kick i secretly get worried.. i thought the kicks would be way strong but they arent all that stronger than they were at all really. anyway. keep in touch guys.

Hi Karina,

It's nice to feel the baby move isn't it! There are a couple of tricks you can try which I used in my first pregnancy whenever I was worried because I hadn't felt a movement for a while.

Drink a glass of really really cold water. If you drink it pretty quickly, it used to get my little boy jiggling around like you wouldn't believe! This time around it doesn't seem to work the same but what does work is a nice warm bath. I find that if I can spend 10 minutes relaxing in a bath, this baby moves around heaps!

I'm 28 weeks now and feeling very strong movements and kicks but felt movements from 14 weeks (2nd pregnancy is usually much earlier than the first).

Hope this helps a bit, they worked for me and puts my mind at rest! Good luck with everything, you're past the half way point.

Yvette
Sign in to follow this topic