Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Anyone having trouble sleeping?

Anyone having trouble sleeping? Rss

Hi everyone,
I'm really having trouble sleeping this is my second pregnancy, I need some advice on the matter. Is anyone eles having problems too?

My first wasn't that bad that I'd ask for advice. I'm 35 weeks on Monday due on the 3/5/04, which I dont have long to go and cant wait until it's all over.
Just want to know if anyone is going through the same problem as me.

CARA

Cara, Melb, 4 yr old daughter and one on the way.

Hi Cara,

I am not going thru this, but have been there! I was a very restless sleeper thru both my pregnancies!

First time round, i couldn't keep my eyes open past 8.30, but would be awake from 2.00 restless, as i got to 8 months it was probably midnight i would stir till morning!

No2, my mind was always going and i couldn't relax, i had trouble falling asleep, and even staying asleep!

No real advice but i think it is normal! They say it is getting you ready for the new bub,

Best of luck,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hey Cara how are you? I am halfway through my second pregnancy and I am having a hard time sleeping too. Through the night I'll just wake up for no reason and it takes me ages to get back to sleep. And I am feeling very tired through the day because of it!!!!!

Nush,Qld mum to Caitlin(18/8/00)and Ella(24/7/04)

Hi,

Thanks for writting to me and telling me what you have been through. It's hard but we are strong. At night to the toilet is my best friend, I think I do at least 4-6 runs or more. I suppose that will stop to when I've had the baby.

Thanks for the luck

CARA

Hello Nush,
I'm tired but fine. How are you going?
When are you due?
Sounds like your going through the same problems.
I find putting a pillow in between your thighs helps and having a shower before you go to sleep helps too.
I wish we could all just breeze through it.
Good luck

CARA

Sounds very familiar. I don't remember it being this bad with my first (now 15 months old), and being tired during the day is much harder when you have a toddler to chase around. I have 2 problems, dropping off to sleep in the first place, and then the vivid dreams (I find if I remember dreaming I didn't sleep well). There isn't much point trying to catch up when my son is asleep as his sleeps are now only 1.5 hours and I need at least 2 hours catch up. I also sometimes find if I sleep during the day it makes getting to sleep even harder than usual. The pillow between the legs helps, but not enough.
The other thing is if you sleep in the day how do you get those things done that need your toddler to be out of the way? Things like sewing clothes for post pregnancy, ironing etc!
Roll on end of June when this one's due, that's all I can say.

Rachelle, NZ, son George 10.12.02, Ian 15.06.04

Hi,

I also get really tired about 8:30 (except tonight) then wake up four hours later usually for something to eat. I've had broken sleep for almost all of these 19 weeks. And haven't stopped going 6-10 times to the toilet throughout the night!!!!!! That's the part I really hate. I'm only up so late tonight as I've been a little worried as the baby kicks at certains times twice a day and hasn't for over 24 hours.

QLD, due 20 Aug. 2004

Sign in to follow this topic