Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Restless Legs Rss

Hi everyone,
Towards the end of my last pregnancy I started getting really restless legs at night which kept me from sleeping.
Problem is now I'm only 10 weeks pregnant and it's happening again. Do I have to live with this for the next 30 weeks or is there someting I can do. I get little enough sleep as it is
Thanks
Erin

Erin,W.A. kids 12,5,2 and 1

Hi Erin

I found the same thing with my last pregnancy, and yes it is worse and started much earlier this time around. I am fairly sure there has been an earlier post on this subject.
A couple of things I have found to help it go away.
1. orgasm. If you have a high risk pregnancy check this with your midwife first.
2. Getting up and going for a short walk, I usually also add a chapter from a good book and a gingernut to this prescription.

Make sure you don't have pressure on the leg most prone to the problem. I have banned my husband from resting his hand on my hip as this seems to be a trigger. He hates that as he likes the contact, but if he wants children he has to put up with it!
I also try not to think about the problem while going to sleep as I have found if I think about it my leg seems to feel it has to start up. I have also found it isn't as bad during the day, so sometimes go for a catch up snooze (when my son will let me, my MIL has looked after him a couple of times to let me do this).

Hope some of this is helpful

Rachelle, NZ, son George 10.12.02, Ian 15.06.04

Hi Erin,
I read an article on restless leg syndrome last week (what a coincidence). They mentioned eating a mango a day. Apparently, restless leg is connected (or can be) to a deficiency within your system eg: vitamin e deficiency.
This may or may not be the case for you but it's something you could check up on.
Check with your doctor first.
All the best,

Sheree, mum to 2 plus 1 on the way (dd 31-5-06)

Sign in to follow this topic