Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

BUGGER!!! Rss

Hello lovely mums,

Well, I'm in a bit of a pickle. We purchased a second hand cot which is probably about five years old. The slat names the company who made it as "Pambrook" (?), not sure as the writing isn't very clear. I don't think the company exists anymore either. Anyways, when we got it home to assemble it, we couldn't get it right. The side rail won't come up because we are unsure of exactly how it is done, it looked great and easy enough to do before we took it apart to bring it home. I have gone to shops to see how we can keep the side up but the ones out now are rather different and I am unable to find anything which locks the side in a similar way to ours. It's hard to describe but I'll try. There are two metal rods which attach to each side of the cot, with the rods going through holes in the sides of the of the rail at the same time. Attached to the sides of the cot are two metal hoops- I have tried putting the rods through the hoops- this didn't keep the side up. I have also tried leaving the hoops without the rods going through them- this didn't work either.

I'm sorry if none of that made sense and I look like a crazy lunatic but it's the best I could do. If anyone is able to help (which I doubt) I would be truly grateful. Thanks.

Super.

bubsy32

This post has been edited by the moderator.
This post has been edited by the moderator.
maybe you could take a pic of it and post it in the yahoo album - someone might be able to figure it out????

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

Can you contact the people where you got it from for help?

mum of 1

Hiya girls,

Tonipie, thanks so much for trying to help and your very kind offer. Stephanie, that was a great idea. Jo77, I could have but only as a last resort as I felt really stupid for not knowing, that's why I got onto the forum. A friend came over for a visit and was checking out the cot, I casually mentioned how we couldn't get it together properly (not expecting her to know how because she doesn't have any children of her own but I forgot how many nephews and nieces she has!). Well, she pipes up and says, "I think I know how to do it". Took us all of five minutes and voila. It was a simple thing but hubby and I agreed that we would never have worked it out by ourselves.

Thanks again,

Super.
Jo77 and Stephanie

bubsy32

I am so glad you worked it out... and it all has a happy ending smile

Michelle
Thanks Michelle!! Me too.

bubsy32

hurrah smile

wait till you have to try and figure out how to collapse your pram!!!

its even funnier watching hubby try to do it smile

Steph

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

Nah, no worries there Steph, my cousin is buying me the same pram that she got for the SIN. They went crazy first by trying to work it out and then showed me (bless them). I'm sure there'll be something else that'll be difficult to work out how to use though, with all those other baby goods out there........

Super.

bubsy32

Sign in to follow this topic