Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

7 week u/s no heartbeat Rss

has this happened to anyone here only to find the heartbeat on a later u/s, this is what my friend is going through now, she has to have blood taken over the next few days to see if her hcg levels continue to rise.
Any info would really be appreciated.
Oh and bubs is the right size for her dates.

Morgan 29/10/99, Ella 03/08/01 & bubs due 04/07/04

I am not too sure about this one but I hope for your friends sake everything is okay with the baby. I do remember when I had my ultrasound at 6 weeks there was a heartbeat but the sonographer said sometimes a heartbeat can't be picked up until after 6 weeks. Hopefully in your friends case it is just too early for the heartbeat to be picked up ... I have my fingers and toes crossed for her and please let us know how she goes.

Ryan (2) & Jayden (18mths)

Hi,

Both my pregnancies have had a 7 week ultrasound because that is what IVF babies have to have in order to ensure that there is a viable foetus.

At 7 weeks, you should be able to see a heartbeat, but both times I had an internal ultrasound because they are more sensitive.

If you friend had an internal ultrasound I don't think it is very positive for her, but if it was external, then maybe that is a different story.

I wish her all the best.

Yvette
Hi,

Not to give you bad news, because it is different for everybody... but I had 2 ultrasounds done at 9 weeks in subsequent pregnancies with no foetal heartbeat and they both turned out to be miscarriages.

All you can do is be there for your friend right now and hope and pray for the best outcome.

Goodluck.

Michelle
Thanks guys, my friend is pretty much resigned to the fact baby is gone, though she has had no bleeding yet so she will prob need a curette, she has the last of her blood tests done today so they can compare her levels, it was an internal they did as the normal u/s couldnt pick up anything not even the baby, but the internal did.
I feel so bad as im 34 weeks preggers with my third and have never been through a miscarriage.

Hey mummsy,
Sorry for your friends loss, just give her lots hugs and try not to feel to bad, you didn't cause any of this to happen.

My cousin and I both got pregnant at the same time and because I have had two miscarriages I was worried I would lose my baby and be forever comparing to her, but I'm now 26 weeks and she unfortunatly lost hers at 9 weeks and I felt so bad, but I just sat down and talked with her about my loses and that helped her. So I hope you friend is ok and just give her lots of love and support.

All the best with your bub!
Mandy

2 cuties 7/5/99 & 8/9/04

may i ask why so many of the above ladies had u/sounds so earliy in your pregnancys please, sorry to hear of the bad news. i am 9 weeks with number 2 and both my u/sounlds were/are in the 19 week. please let me know anything?

catherine mum to tasmin and Liam

Hi Catherine,

I had the unfortunate experience of 2 miscarriages in a row before I had my daughter (now 17.5 months)... in both my miscarried pregnancies I had early bleeding and an early ultrasound was done to confirm these miscarriages. When I was pregnant with my daughter and even now when I found out I was pregnant with my son (due July 30, 2004). I had early ultrasounds to make sure everything was okay, with my history I was placed in the high risk catagorey and early ultrasounds can pick up problems sooner.

If you have had no problems in the past a normal routine is not to have an ultrasound until 18 - 20 weeks pregnant.

Hope this answers your questions.

Michelle.
She actually only went in to check her dates, as she wasnt sure when her last period was, she has since had a D & C and is coping very well, her hubby has been a great support and she is already looking to the future to try again.
Im so very proud of her.

thank you Michelle for your information, i dont know very much about this area, i have not had a misscarriage.
i was put in a high risk catagorey with number one for asthma, cos i live in the country it would of been an hour and a half trip each check up (i had to go to adelaide) so i kicked up a stink and got to have my baby here locally.

catherine mum to tasmin and Liam

Hi bubataz, as Yvette said in an earlier post, another reason for early ultrasounds is for IVF babies.
Jo

mum of 1

Hi Bubataz

I also had an early ultrasound as our pregnancy was a little surprise and since my periods have always been irregular and light I wasn't sure of dates so the Doc sent me along for an ultrasound to determine how far I was.

Jo

Ryan (2) & Jayden (18mths)

Sign in to follow this topic