Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

steriods for prem babies. Rss

Hi,
I have been told I may have an injection of steriods to help my baby's lungs develop quicker, at 28 weeks, as I'm almost there I want to know if anyone else has had it and what happens to bubs if they dont come early?

Dr's thinking about it because I had my daughter 8 weeks early and she was very sick, so want to stop the same thing happening.

Thanks for the help.

Mandy.

2 cuties 7/5/99 & 8/9/04

Hi Mandy,

I was 27.5 weeks pregnant when i went into labour and had my daughter, i was given steriods before i was flowen to Wellington Hospital, Siobhan is a very healthy and happy baby. When we were flowen to Wellington it was in the hope that the contractions still might stop but they didn't. The Doctor told me that giving the injection to my baby for her lungs was not going to be halmful to her if she decided she wanted to stay there until i was full term. I would trust your doctor, in my experience i found all of the nurses, doctors and peaditrians amazing. I really wouldn't worry but if you are really concerned just ask the doctor and tell him/her that you are worried. It is better to have a calm and relaxed last tri-mester that being scard and worried.
Hi Mandy,

Sorry i don't know anything about steroids for little bubs. But sending all my good vibes for you!

I just wanted to send you some support, you must be a bit nervous with your new bub coming. As you are nearly 28 wks, that's GREAT, and i hope your bubba stays put for 10 more weeks or so.

Drs are pretty good now at treating high risk pregnancies, so my fingers are crossed for you and your new little one.

Take care, and take it easy,

Tepe

PS, would love to hear how the next few months go for you

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hi Tepe,
Thanks heaps, I need as many vibes as I can get, thank-you!
Mandy.

2 cuties 7/5/99 & 8/9/04

hey mandy
i only got one injection of seriods and my little one had breathing promblems for 9 weeks (i think)..
if i had both injects we would of been home with her alot sooner...with having one inmjection check my subjetc "premmie baby 14 weeks too early" and ull see what we went thru with only having one injection....FINGERS ARE CROSSED all the best.

karen,NSW, mummy to Caitlin Born 14 weeks early

Sign in to follow this topic