Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Have had 2 C-section and wanting to start soon for another

Have had 2 C-section and wanting to start soon for another Rss

hi All,

My husband and I are thinking of trying for another child when our second is 1 yr old he is now 9 months. Does anybody know what are the risks about trying for another baby after having 2 csections already.......

All replyies would be gratefull

Michelle

Michelle, QLD, DD 6yr,DS 4yr & DS 2yr and DD 13 Au

Hi Michelle,

I can't really help with this question as I have never had a c-section... but being 6 weeks away from having my second bub I have to say I think you are a very brave person to want to go back for a 3rd try! I can't beleive your little boy is 9 months old already... where does the time go? My husband recently told me he'd concider having a 3rd child... it's given me alot to think about, but for now I am just anxious to meet our 2nd baby due 30th July. Whatever you decide to do I wish you all the best and I hope to hear more from you soon.

(Another) Michelle smile

Hi Michelle,

Sorry it's taken a while to get back to you. I appreciate your reply to my question, yes i know some people will think I'm mad going again but when I was only that far away from the birth of my son 9 months ago I was thinking the same so I don't know whats changed my mind. I think its now seeing my daughter (3) and son (9mts) playing and getting on so well together it just makes me want to have more. you will find all this out so very soon and I'm sooooo excited for you as the day draws nearer............

well today had to go to the doc for another matter and while i was there asked about trying for another and she said that it's okay but I won't be able to do it natuarally so thats giving me lots to think about.......... so will let you know the out come when and if it happens.......

All the best Michelle for you and your family

take care

Michelle H

Hi Michelle,

Seems like you might have your answer already but thought I would reply anyway!

There shouldn't be a problem with having a third but most doctors will be a bit wary about allowing a VBAC.

However, saying that, it will depend on the reasons for your previous c-sections.

I had a c-section with my first (failed to progress) and my Ob was cautious about my chances of having a natural birth the second time but I insisted on at least giving it a go.

Low and behold after an 8 hour labour, and with help from the ventouse, I had my second son naturally.

Anyway, good luck. My second is only 3.5 weeks old and we are already discussing when to have our third!

Yvette
Hi Yvette,

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my question. well the first time was an emergency section after not progressing like you after 24hrs and I was totally exhausted and really drugged up that I couldn't remember the first 24 hrs of my daughters life and didn't bond with her for 6 months just photos but thats good........ so when I fell preggers again with my son they was no doubt in my mind about having a section again as I didn't want to go through all that again.... and I must say I was in total controll to the best of my ability and my recovery was and is a lot faster........ and being able to breastfeed straight off second time round was no problems at all. I didn't B/f my daughter (a whole other story there will not go into it)

The only reason I was asking this question is I thought that you were only able to have 2 C-section but the doctor said to me that she knows of a couple of women who've had 5 (won't be going that far) so we are going to wait till our son is 1 yr old and then start trying........

It's funny how you start thinking about having more even though you've got 2 already.......but its good.

Well enough waffle from me.

Take care and good luck with your new born and all the best for your family

Michelle

Hi Michelle,

Makes sense. I know of a lady who has 5 boys all delivered via c-section so there is definately no reason why you can't have more than 2! Good luck with everything.

Yvette
Hi Michelle,

Sorry I can't answer your question, just wanted to say I know how you feel...I have just been talking with Michelle about having another myself! My little girl is now 9 months and is almost walking so I feel my baby has all grown up and have become very clucky!! I will wait though...not sure how long...probably till she is at least 1 year. Hope to catch up again soon!

Take care,
Nadine

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

Hi Nadine,

Thanks for your response. Nice to hear from u.

We are also going to wait till Dylan is 1. But i must say there are days espically when the 2 kids are sick together that it makes me wonder if I want another but then as I said before when they play together and make each other laugh it just melts my heart and then i want more.........

Yes will have to catch up soon.

Take care

Michelle

Michelle,
don't know if this helps but I've had 2 cesareans (daughter born 2000 and son born 2003) also had a histerotomy-mini cesarean(in 2002 but it wasn't much smaller than the other two, reason for histerotomy is delivered baby at 20weeks and 3 days). The hospital said they don't like to do more than 4 c-sects but have done 7, just depends if they can cut uin the same place, if they need to cut upwards then having a subsequent pregnancy can be risky incase the egg attaches to the upwards cut and rip it open. But I'm pregnant again 18 weeks due 17th December-wasn't exactly planned and really not looking forward to cesarean no.4. Don't get me wrong the last one was a breeze different hospital really good surgeon who took his time, but as I always have spinals with c-sect they needed to give me an epidural aswell(if you've had more than 2 c-sect they may need to top up pain relief as sometimes it takes longer to stitch back up)
Good luck!
Bel

BelindaQld, 4 children (1 in heaven)

Hi Belinda,

Thanks you so much for your reply and giving me you insite to my question....... yes I know what you mean about not looking forward to another c-section...... Congrats and good luck with your pregnancy.......take care

Michelle

i have had 3 c sections every thing went well the doc who did the 1st one said that when you are healed its ok to try again & usually its healed by the 6 week check up my 1st son was aboit 8 months when i fell with no2 and he was 4 months when i fell with no 3

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Sign in to follow this topic