Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Health - not good???? Rss

Hi everyone,
I was just wondering if anyone could help me. My blood pressure when I was 14 weeks pregnant was 92/50, I figured it was so low because I was SO sick and lost 8kg due to not being able to keep anything down. Then it went up to 102/80 when I was 20 weeks, but now I am 29 weeks and it has gone down to 93/52. I have been eating heaps and don't feel light-headed anymore, but just wondering if it was normal?

I have been told I have placenta praevera (low-lying placenta), and have to be checked again at 34 weeks - could this be the cause??? I have been told that if it does not move I will need a caesar, thats the "worst" case scenario, which isn't too scary. Does anyone know if it can cause any damage to Bub?

Also, just wondering if the weight gain is based on your pre-pregnancy weight, or the weight gained since losing 8kg due to morning sickness? I started at 54kg, went to 46kg, and am now 56kg. Is this normal or not enough weight gain?

This is our first pregnancy (I'm 23, DH is 29) and we're not really sure what's normal. Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Hi Tracey,

I don't know anything about blood pressure, so I'm sorry I can't help you there. sad

The deal with Placenta Praevera, is just that the placenta has attached close to or over the cervix / opening, and if it doesn't move up the baby won't be able to get out by v/b. The baby should not be affected otherwise.

As for the weight gain, who nows what is normal??
I have only gained 1kg since being pregnant, I am now 22wks, I have heard about ladies that have gained 30kg, and recently heard of a women that lost 20kg, (she was overweight, and suffered badly from morning sickness throughout)

This is our first pregancy to, so I know how you feel, everytime something happens with this pregnancy, I think "hmm is that normal!"

Good Luck with the remaining weeks of your pregnancy!

Amy & daughters Jada 10/07/06, Alana 07/04/08

Sign in to follow this topic