Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Unsure of my Result Rss

Hi, guys just wondering my period was due 6 days ago, but I had a feeling I was pregnant. But I ended up with brown mucky stuff, which has happened twice, but only for about 5 minutes each time. I did a pregnancy test yesterday(in a cup) and the line was very faint. So I brought a midstream one, and the result was exactly the same - a very faint line. Am I pregnant or not?!
the best thing for you to do is to get is a blood test. or wait 3days and do another home test. sounds like you could be pregnant tho.

my period wasnt even due yet and i had a feeling i was pregnant and i didnt wait for my period to be late, i just did a home preg test and i got the faintest line. and i re-tested every 3 days i think i did about 4 home tests and each time the line got darker. it takes a while for the pregnancy hormone to build up in our body.

although about 18mths ago i had a miscarrage and it started with the brown mucky stuff.
i also know of women who get their period the whole way through being pregnant.

to be 100% sure go see your doctor.
smile

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

Hi Manda
A positive result doesnt usually show until you are at least 6 weeks pregnant. I got a negative result and 2 days later i got a positive. (I knew, well had a feeling, i was pregnant.) That was from a doctor urine test. I'm 31 weeks pregnant now and have spotted with the brown murky stuff a few times. the last time was at 18 weeks. The only way to know is through a blood test. If you feel pregnant then you more than likely are. Have a blood test.

Jenni, mum of Shanaye born 13-11-2004.

In the early days of pregnancy the most accurate way to tell is through a blood test.

I actually did a home pregnancy test the day after my period was due and the line was very faint. The line is faint because your levels of HCG are still quite low at this stage. (HCG are hormones your body produces when you are pregnant). The pregnancy test I bought was specifically made for you to test very early on. Anyway, even though the line was realy faint - i was pregnant!

Good luck!

Gabriella, Chiara & angel called home

Hiya,

A line is a line, so i would say that you are pregnant! If any line shows at all, you have hcg levels that show pregnancy, and as it was faint, just shows your levels are only just beginning to rise.

Congrats to you and your family!

It is still early days, so i would wait another few days and try again, or for a more certain result, see your Dr.

The only reason i say to wait a few more days, as this is about the time the fertilised egg implants, and that is the vital part of your pregnancy.

Best of luck, i would love to hear what happens,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Congratulations - it sounds to me like you are pregnant!

I had a browny coloured discharge for the first 3 months of my pregnancy (when my period was due), infact I even did a couple of pregnancy tests early on and they showed negative. When I finally went to the doctors and then obstetrician, a scan showed I was around 16 weeks pregnant (rather than the 5 weeks I thought I was!). And my pregnancy went smoothly with no problems.

I agree with the other posts, visit your doctor for a blood test to confirm!

Congratulations again!
i had trouble finding out that i was pregnant too. i had a feeling that i was so i did 3 home pregnancy tests and tehy all said negitive(i did them each a week apart) but i was sure that i was so i went to the dr and he did a urine test but that was negetive and it wasnt until i was back there agian with really bad morning sickness that he did a blood test and it turned out i was pregnant and then a scan showed i was nearly 2 months. i had no period dates because the pill i was on stopped them so that added to the confusion over wether i was or wasnt. but i totaly agree with having a blood test adn listen to your womens intuition as well.

natasha jayde - 1-1-05 ttc #2 end ong this year

Hi guys and thanks for all of your posts, I really appreciate it, you have all been very helpful. Well, I couldn't wait and did another urine test (midstream)! and the line came up within 2 minutes! So I guess I am! I have a dr's appointment in the morning so i will let you know how I go.
Hi Manda,

Best of luck tomorrow, looking forward to hearing your news, it sounds good to me....... smile

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hi Manda,

Congratulations to you. How did you go at the doctor's? hope all is well.

Jenni, mum of Shanaye born 13-11-2004.

Yes a line is a line...apparently no matter how faint if it shows it means you are pregnant!!

Let us know how you go at the doc's!

Best wishes

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

Hi, went to the doctors on Saturday, and she gave me a blood test, then I had an ultrasound on Monday, I am only 5 weeks pregnant, but the scan also showed a cyst on my ovarie, I don't know what this means...but I get the blood test results back tomorrow so I will keep you informed...
Sign in to follow this topic