Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Vegetarian and pregnant Rss

I have been a vegetarian for 10 yrs and this is my 2nd pregnancy.
Is there any other mum who are like me or have been vegetarian and pregnant?
I'd love to hear from you!
Em

Em Tmba - mum to Liam 31/7/03 & Callum 7/5/05

Hi Em,

I am also vegetarian and have been since I was about 5 years old. (am now 34). I have had 6 children and am now pregnant with another little surprise baby. I am due in April.

My eldest child (11) is also vegetarian but my hubby and other children are not. Makes dinner time difficult some times!

When is your baby due?
Barbara
Hi Barbara
Wow 6 Children!! And I am worried about 2!
I am due in May 05, I am only 6 1/2 weeks and already feeling so tired! I am going to my dr next weeks for a check up.
My son Liam isn't a vegetarian he really loves meat. My partner Tony isn't as well. Yes it does make meal times interesting! Our rule is if Tony wants steak he cooks it himself, lol. Aparently I am bad at cooking it. smile
When are you due?
Emily

Hi

I was a vegetarian when I had my first baby!!!. I had been a vegetarian for 5 years. About a 2 years after the baby was born I started back on meat (mostly white) once a week. . I have just found out that I'm pregnant again and I have now gone back to be a vegetarian again. I love vegetarian food and will probably stay a vegetarian after the baby is born. No hardship!!!!

Last night I had eggplant in breadcrumbs baked in an oven. YUM!YUM!

ale

Adina, ACT, 4 years and one on the way

Hi Emily,

I also hear that I am no good at cooking meat. It suits me fine since I can't stand the smell of it at the moment. My baby is due on the 14th April. I'm planning more on the 7th as I always have had my babies at 39 weeks.

I don't believe in forcing my ways on my children. My son chose to be vegetarian for his own reasons. One of my daughters is also not a real big meat eater. There would be no stopping my other kids though.

Have you ever had people try to tell you that you are doing wrong by your unborn baby by not eating meat? I have had this happen to me several times. It makes me really annoyed that people will comment on something they obviously know very little about.

Have you had much morning sickness? I haven't had very much at all.

Barbara
Hi Barbara
A few people have had a go at me about being a vegetarian whilist being pregnant, however I feel that as long as I am eating properly we will be fine. My son was a little baby (6lb 7oz) , however so was I (6lb 2oz), but he is so heathly.

The morning sickness? I have been feeling off colour more this pregnancy however no where near severe. Maybe it is because we are vegetarians?

Have you had any cravings? Bacon is my main one, and I hate it lol, also meat pies... There is no way I would eat them though lol

Emily

Hi Emily,

I just laughed when I read your post, my hubby actually came over and asked me what was so funny.

Of all the meat products you could have cravings for ...... meat pies??? Yuk!!! I get fruit cravings. At the moment I'm going through a strawberry craze. I go into the fruit shop and pick up almost every punnet of strawberries looking for one that isn't full of squished ones on the bottom. I've decided it's time to visit one of those pick your own strawberry farms. When I was pregnant with my son Danny, I craved kiwi fruit for the whole of my pregnancy. With my last baby Tianna, it was summer and I went for Nectarines. For some strange reason, this time I've really gone off chocolate. I love my chocolate but I have actually refused it when the kids have offered me some of theirs. Now that is really weird!!
Barbara
Sign in to follow this topic