Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

First time mum to bes Lock Rss

Hi girls,

Do you mind if I join?
I'm 26 and my first baby is due on 2nd July 2011.

I can't say pregnancy has been all that fun for me so far. I had terrible morning sickness up to about 12 weeks which landed me in hospital on a drip at one stage. Now the sickness has pretty much cleared and I have been diagnosed with placenta previa. I'm really worried about this but trying to stay positive. Have any of you been diagnosed with this around 12 weeks?

Look forward to getting to know you all better.

Hi girls,

Do you mind if I join?
I'm 26 and my first baby is due on 2nd July 2011.

I can't say pregnancy has been all that fun for me so far. I had terrible morning sickness up to about 12 weeks which landed me in hospital on a drip at one stage. Now the sickness has pretty much cleared and I have been diagnosed with placenta previa. I'm really worried about this but trying to stay positive. Have any of you been diagnosed with this around 12 weeks?

Look forward to getting to know you all better.

Hey,

Hoping I could join in as well.

I am also 26 expecting my 1st baby, due on the 31st July 2011.

About 12 months ago I was actually told that I was not going to be able to have children. Funny how life works like that hey. My other half says my body was just waiting for Mr Right to come along..

I have however been pretty lucky on the morning sickness side of the house though. Besides feeling like I've had some pretty good nights on drink most days I've actually been pretty good. Lots of naps and lost my appetite to be honest.

My partner would say I'm a glass half empty person. Always thinking of the worst case scenario and all the possible complications. I'm lucky I have him to keep me sane. I'll research things to the full extent and then get about a million questions that I can't find information to or terminology that I don't understand, so my man bought me a note book for me to write down all my questions and things I want to look into more so when we go for appointments etc I have them there to ask and not forget about them. I find that it helps me out a lot. Once I have written the questions I have down I kind of stop worrying about it until I read something new that I don't like the sound of.

Well hope everyone has a lovely New Years. Look forward to hearing from people soon.
Hi Girls <span class="emoticon smile">smile</span> Long time since I've posted (Been at hospital for 3 weeks due to PND and Depression)

DS is 7 weeks old! I cannot believ it!! <span class="emoticon grin">grin</span> Soon he will be home!! <span class="emoticon grin">grin</span>

Picture taken today <span class="emoticon smile">smile</span>

This picture was taken 3 weeks ago!
C84 - Congratulations on your pregnancy. Sorry to hear your morning sickness was so bad sad I haven't had placenta praevia, but I'm sure you will be able to find someone on here that has.

Seeka84 - Congratulations! It's so exciting when you find out you're pregnant, but it must have been so much more exciting for you, thinking that it wouldn't happen!
Writing stuff down works for me too. I think it's just getting it off your chest, even if your questions haven't been answered yet.

BabyBlueBird - HI!! I have been thinking about you a lot lately, wondering where you got to and how you and James are doing. I'm so glad to hear that he will be going home soon! Gorgeous pics by the way!
I hope that your stay in the hospital helped the way you are feeling.
What details can you tell us about James? How is he doing?

"Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do."

Welcome new people smile feel free to ask any questions and we'll try and help you out as much as we can smile

Luckily Blake has had the all clear from the hosp re his jaundice, and after 4 days at home now hes now looking as pasty as mum and dad grin

Its crazy the stuff no one tells you will mosty likely happen - like the blisters on bubs lips for the first couple of days of feeding & if bubs is overfed that he vomits his own weight in milk and covers everything!

Mr man has also had a gunky eye which we are trying to flush, but aparntly its very normal for newbborns to get gunky eyes.

when he had his weight check the other day he had put on 236grms from discharge which is fab because the average is between 100-200 smile - we're super happy because we take that as flushing out the jaundice more smilesmile

Hows everyone else going? - my morning sickness took 6 days after birth to subside andd my pelvis is still healing.

how long did the after contractions last for everyone else?
Morning everyone, just thought I'd jump on and get a few things of my chest .....

I have been Soooo emotional lately. I have had a pretty rough trot with this pregnancy so far and, I really hate to say it, but I feel myself blaming the baby for making me feel so crap and not allowing me to get out and do the things I normally would. It makes me feel so horrible for feeling this way and my biggest worry is that I'll still feel resentment towards the baby when its here. Combine that with feeling absolutely petrified about actually becoming a mum, I'm a bit of a mess! My husband thinks I'm going to make a great mum but atm I'm struggling to see it.

Have any of you felt like this? I hope I get over feeling this way soon. sad
MissDevilMonkey - We had to have Vinnie on the bilibed for his jaundice too. Once we got home it took him a while to get to his normal colour, as there was no sun to put him in to help. People looked at me funny for a bit thinking I had someone on the side because DH and I are both white as can be and Vinnie wasn't ...
As for after contractions, i think that's what I've heard called after pains. Pain you get when feeding? I don't think I actually got them at all. If I did they went away quickly, 'cause I don't remember them....

C84 - Good on you for being able to share smile
Early on in my pregnancy I was having such a hard time with morning sickness etc. and I hated it. Once I asked DH if he didn't like me any more. After reassuring me that he still loves me he asked why I would think he didn't, and my reply was 'you got me pregnant'. Which was followed by much crying....

I will PM you with some other stuff.

"Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do."

C84 - if its morning sickness hitting you hard, hopefully your one of the lucky ones who doesnt have it full term.. If you end up having it full term like myself, you do get used to it over time. being 13 weeks along I know it caan seem AGES away, but it truely zoooms by and in no time you'll have a bubs.

Once you see bubs in your 20 week scan you should feel a little better smile - my bubs was 100% healthy the whole pregnancy, it was just myself who suffered the whole time through, and i was happy he was okay and it was justt myself who was effected.

Go spoil yourself and feel free to vent on here anytime you want smile
MissDevilMonkey - funny how babies grow up so fast. i bet it feels like time has flown since you had Blake. feels strange saying Blake without talking about my own son lol.

Zinkles - your lucky you didnt get afterpains. i did and they were horrible. you're trying to feed a newborn but your tummies cramping up....not very nice.

C84 - congrats on the pregnancy. i think its normal to feel this way at this early stage in your pregnancy. i found it hard to bond with bubby in my tummy until i saw him on the 20 week scan. and as my bump grew bigger i grew closer and closer to my son. being a mum is great and may seema bit daunting. i know it was for me, but the second he was born it all just fell into place. i remember when DS was a few days old i said to DP it felt so normal and comfortable to have DS around....sorta felt like DS has always been in my life.

BabyBlueBird - ahh good to hear from you and little James! 7 weeks...wow o wow! he looks sooo much bigger than the first photos you showed of him! really growing up fast! what a brave strong boy!

Seeka84 - Congratz!!! no hamr in asking tonnes of questions! midwives and docs are always more than happy to answer them to put your mind at ease.

we just got back from a 2 days holiday in Tauranga. i can tell you all now a 6.5hour trip in a car with a 4 month old who would rather stand than sit is not easy! and he only sleeps 45 mins at a time. so we had a screaming baby every hour in the car. poor little man. but he loved meeting his Poppa for the first time. so cute!

Zinkles and KeirasMummy! - have you started oslids yet?
**one-little-man** - I started Vinnie on solids on the 23rd, so that means he's been having them for 11 days now.
He has just been having a teaspoon on Farex mixed with milk or water (I mostly use water) a day. Today he still seemed hungry after that, so I made up another teaspoon and he gulped that down too.
I still haven't seen my plunket nurse, so I am just going by the advice someone else on here was given by her CHN. Which I'm guessing is the Aussie equivalent of a plunket nurse. She said two weeks of just cereal, then add a second meal of veggies. So next Wednesday I'm going to try him on veggies. I can't wait to see what he thinks.

MissDevilMonkey - funny how babies grow up so fast. i bet it feels like time has flown since you had Blake. feels strange saying Blake without talking about my own son lol.

Zinkles - your lucky you didnt get afterpains. i did and they were horrible. you're trying to feed a newborn but your tummies cramping up....not very nice.

C84 - congrats on the pregnancy. i think its normal to feel this way at this early stage in your pregnancy. i found it hard to bond with bubby in my tummy until i saw him on the 20 week scan. and as my bump grew bigger i grew closer and closer to my son. being a mum is great and may seema bit daunting. i know it was for me, but the second he was born it all just fell into place. i remember when DS was a few days old i said to DP it felt so normal and comfortable to have DS around....sorta felt like DS has always been in my life.

BabyBlueBird - ahh good to hear from you and little James! 7 weeks...wow o wow! he looks sooo much bigger than the first photos you showed of him! really growing up fast! what a brave strong boy!

Seeka84 - Congratz!!! no hamr in asking tonnes of questions! midwives and docs are always more than happy to answer them to put your mind at ease.

we just got back from a 2 days holiday in Tauranga. i can tell you all now a 6.5hour trip in a car with a 4 month old who would rather stand than sit is not easy! and he only sleeps 45 mins at a time. so we had a screaming baby every hour in the car. poor little man. but he loved meeting his Poppa for the first time. so cute!

Zinkles and KeirasMummy! - have you started oslids yet?

We just got back from afew days away aswell. 3 hour trip in the car with the baby that hardly sleeps was interesting lol. it was good on the way there tho she slept for 2 hours..to my suprise, but coming home we made quite afew stops. and she only had 2 half hour sleeps.She loved meeting all her great great aunties and uncles and the (huge) family. my two wee cousins (12 and 6) love her to bits they cant get enough of her. every little coo she makes they have to take a pic of her and let everyone know shes being cute lol. 6 year old izzy (miss "im never ever having babies cos you have to get a great big belly and push it out your diddle") has changed her mind about babies, she said "i want lots of babies, but only girls". i love kids lol!

Solids are officially on and going well. Bub is eating all her farex, licking mummys toast lol and tasting banana. She hasnt cut out any milk feeds so her cheeks are looking even more full and chubby now hehe.

Welcome new ladies!
-i think i have heard of placenta preavia..im sure its when the embryo implants too low down in the uterus/close to the cervix so you probably cant have a vaginal delivery..but dont stress as long as baby comes out safe thats the main thing eh smile & i was chucky the whole 9 months.

BabyBlueBird- James looks amazing! Glad to hear your doing better.

MissDevilMonkey- i dont think i did have after pains..
&Keira had the gunky erye thing going on too, it goes away. the doc said to wash it with boob milk lol.
Hi all, I hope I can join in this thread too?

I'm 27 and pregnant with my first baby, due on 2 September. Today I'm 6w 1d and feeling pretty great so far, no real MS yet... I got my BFP on 29 December which was a shock as this little one wasn't planned - we're about 9 months ahead of schedule. We won't have as much money saved as we'd planned to but we'll get by and maybe I'll only have 9 months off work rather than 12, but I'm sure we'll make it work somehow!

I look forward to getting a lot of useful info from you all and sharing this exciting journey smile
Sign in to follow this topic