Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Slept on my stomach Rss

Im a bit worried, I am 29 weeks and I woke during the night to find I was on my stomach. Today there has been barely any movement at all and it usually feels like I have a gymnest in there constantly flipping around. I know babies have their quiet days but its never this quiet so just a bit concerned. Has this happened to anybody else at all.

Im a bit worried, I am 29 weeks and I woke during the night to find I was on my stomach. Today there has been barely any movement at all and it usually feels like I have a gymnest in there constantly flipping around. I know babies have their quiet days but its never this quiet so just a bit concerned. Has this happened to anybody else at all.

i woke up on my tummy a few times with ds, i ended up getting a body pillow which helped a lot, there are a few different ones u can get, from momory there is a wedge type one thats available which u can use for breastfeeding bub when its born too so will get your moneys worth out of something like that. not that u have to stop using them after u have bub, ds is 3 and a half and i still use mine, actually i cant sleep without it now.

if u are worried about bubs at all, call teh hospital and say bub hasnt moved much and they should let u go in for a check.

I wouldnt worry - I am 22 weeks and I always sleep on my tummy!! I was told its more that you shouldnt sleep on ur back - but to be honest I do that too... if it means that Im actually going to get to sleep them im sleeping that way - baby is pretty secure in there ....

I done it with my first and she is fine !!

Thanks for your advice. I went to the hospital and Jaazz you were right, lying on my stomach encouraged her to move, she is now in position ready to go. The mid wife also said that because I was so stressed about the whole thing I had tightened all my stomach muscles and that also stops you from feeling kicks.
Think I might go and invest in one of those body pillows, sounds pretty comfy. Thanks again.
Sign in to follow this topic