Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Announcing your pregnant to family & friends

Announcing your pregnant to family & friends Rss

I'm just wondering when everyone tells people that they are expecting?

I'm not 100% sure how far along I am yet but based on when I had my last period, I am guessing that I am about 4-5 weeks pregnant. I have told my parents (and in-laws) and my sister but that is all so far.

Do some people just tell everyone? Do you wait until your 12 weeks? I'm just interested to know what other people think about this.

We are having a big family dinner on Easter Saturday where there will be lots of aunts & uncles and I am just trying to decide if I should tell them or not?? I think that I will though because they are family....

Where does everyone else stand on this??
I told everyone at around 4-5 weeks.. I couldnt help myself! laugh

We told our close friends and family as soon as we found out at 8wks, and then our extended friends when we hit 12wks.
Basically decided that if anything were to go wrong, we wanted those close to us to know, rather than deal with it on our own.
We told immediate family and a couple of close friends when we first found out, but we kept it to ourselves with everyone else until the 12/13 week mark, mainly because we had 2 m/cs last year and it was so hard telling people about the loss.

I'm just wondering when everyone tells people that they are expecting?

I'm not 100% sure how far along I am yet but based on when I had my last period, I am guessing that I am about 4-5 weeks pregnant. I have told my parents (and in-laws) and my sister but that is all so far.

Do some people just tell everyone? Do you wait until your 12 weeks? I'm just interested to know what other people think about this.

We are having a big family dinner on Easter Saturday where there will be lots of aunts & uncles and I am just trying to decide if I should tell them or not?? I think that I will though because they are family....

Where does everyone else stand on this??

For DS1 we only told immediate family until 12weeks - then we told everyone smile It was kind of nice having that delicious secret with just a few people!! For DS2 we told everyone straight away! We had some scares early on in that pregnancy & I wanted to enjoy every second I could that time round, so wanted to share the joy smile

I would have just like to have told close family and friends and everyone else a little later @ 12 weeks but hubby has a big mouth and broadcasts it to whoever will listen.

I would have just like to have told close family and friends and everyone else a little later @ 12 weeks but hubby has a big mouth and broadcasts it to whoever will listen.

Same here. I would have loved to have only told family until 12 weeks but hbby coulndt help himself and told the whole world when i was 4 weeks (even people i work with)
with 1st we told close fam and friends about 6 wks when we found out. Then everyone else at 12 weeks (except DP had trouble and kept letting it slip to a few people)

This time we told close family and friends about the same 6 wks, but kept it pretty quiet as we had a few probs with bleeding etc so didnt really announce until about 20 wks

It killed me keeping it secret the first time but i was just being careful i guess. My sister told everyone at 11.5 wks then found out the baby had no heartbeat at her 12 wk scan so that was a bit hard on her...i guess thats why lots of people wait...but each to their own really! Personally i would want and need support from people in my life if i miscarried anyway so i dont think them knowing is such a bad thing
I was going to wait til around week 12 or 13 but hubby sent out a mass email the first day of missed period when I took the home test and it was positive. He was very excited!
i told my mum as soon as i did the test, (I was 3 weeks pregnate when i found out). i also let very close friends and work mates know at work when i had the blood test a week after to conferm it. I told other frinds when i was about 8/9 weeks along.

It was lucky i let my work know early as i work as an aged carer and had trouble with some smells and oftern had some bad dizzy spells (having to stop and sit on the floor or chair some times), from low blood pressure. it also ment when i needed to change to lower work load (not so much heavy lifting) most of the girls i worked with understood why and where more supportive about it.
I don't really have a choice. I do a dangerous job so I am letting them know tomorrow (for my safety and bubs) and I'm only 4-5 weeks, and DP does same job but elsewhere in the same organisation and being a huge group of people, naturally, it will get around quite quickly to friends we work with, then it'll get to friends outside of work that know our friends from work and so on blah blah blah. We're doing a nice lunch tomorrow to tell our parents. We've known for just over a week and it's hard to not tell anyone. DP is struggling to keep it quiet
We found out at 4 weeks, told only our parents, then told everyone else at 11 weeks. We were going to wait until 12 weeks but got a bit too excited!!
Sign in to follow this topic