Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Pre-eclampsia Rss

I had PE with my first. Wasn't diagnosed until I was a day over due.

I'm a bit scared I'm going to get it again.

Can anyone that has had it with first or subsequent pregnancies share their stories? When we're you diagnosed, were you induced, how many weeks were you when you delivered? Anything at all would be greatly appreciated!

I had PE with my first. Wasn't diagnosed until I was a day over due.

I'm a bit scared I'm going to get it again.

Can anyone that has had it with first or subsequent pregnancies share their stories? When we're you diagnosed, were you induced, how many weeks were you when you delivered? Anything at all would be greatly appreciated!

P E
I had with my pregnancy with cory I was hospitalized at 36wks for wk rest

I had emergency c section at 38wks after 38hrs labour .

If you can elevate your legs up high on 4 pillows.

Thinking of u
Hi,

I had PE with my first son. I never felt any different honestly. The Dr picked it up by the protein in my urine and my bp at 38 weeks. I was admit into hospital on the spot. I was monitored for 1 day and then induced. After I had DS they kept me in for obs for 4 more days. I was then put on meds to lower my bp. Since then, I have had a DD and now 32 weeks and have low blood pressure both times!
I had it with DS, but it was only diagnosed after i delivered him. My BP went through the roof after the delivery but was fine the entire pregnancy and labour (the epidural may have masked it during labour though). The diagnosis was confirmed with blood tests etc after the birth. I had swelling in my feet and traces of protein in my urine but they put that down to the leak in my hind waters. I delivered at 36+6. My Ob has told me had i continued further in the pregnancy i would have developed it anyway. I had to be on BP tablets for 2 weeks post delivery and weekly BP checks for a couple of weeks.

I have heard that if you have it with your first it doesnt necessarily mean you will get it with subsequent pregnancies.

My OB has told me this time round i will be closely monitored towards the end and will have a few extra appointments and checks.
Hi!

I had PE with dd. Was diagnosed around 26 weeks but was put on home rest. I had to have bp taken daily and urine check. My feet were HUGE!! From the swelling and elevating didn't help much. So I was just told to lay down with my feet up all day every day. I also had painful braxton hicks at the same time and was on medication for that.

At 37 weeks I noticed a slightly green discharge in my undies (sorry tmi) which turned out to be my hind waters had broken. Since I had the PE and braxton hicks and strep b. The doc decided I needed to be induced and have the injections to stop dd being exposed to strep b.

After birth it took along time for the excess fluid retention to leave my body. But I was lucky to escape not needing medication for blood pressure.

The best way to prevent PE is to keep active during pregnancy. So going for a walk or something gentle. But there isn't a 100% way to make sure you dont get it.

Good luck. GBH.

OOOHHH... INTERNET FIGHT. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? CAPS LOCK ME TOO DEATH?
(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

I developed PE at 39 weeks, was monitered and decided to induce at 40 weeks on due date. Had the gel and went in to labour first try. Had a 5hr labour. I had to have BP medication for about a month afterwards, blood pressure was meant to be checked every day until it came down. My midwife told me that the later the PE kicks in the less likely you are to develop it in second pregnancy. Worst part about PE was having to pee in a tiny cup in the middle of full on contractions so they could check protein. Ended up peeing all over the floor lol.
Sign in to follow this topic