Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Hypnobirthing Lock Rss

To the Tassie ladies - I've had a look on the directory and you're right there are no Hypnobirthing practitioners in Tasmania. That's such a shame as the course is really beneficial for learning and practicing hypnosis techniques and reinforces the essential aspects but don't worry because there is still plenty you can do that will benefit you. Grab a copy of Hypnobirthing, the Mongan Method and read it. And ask your partner to read it too. Everything you need to know is in this book. If you fall in love with the philosophies then it's already having a positive effect on you. The book comes with a CD in the back sleeve that contains the hypnosis relaxation track. Practice listening to that everyday until birth. You will find it helps with insomnia, pregnancy pains, anxiety surrounding birth and generally shifts all thinking to a positive natural easy birth. If there are any specific questions you have after reading the book I'd be happy to answer them via email.

Id love to clear up a myth surrounding pain. What Hypnobirthing teaches you is to have a completely different relationship with the pain. It's like the exilirating pain you might feel from completing a marathon or pushing yourself physically in an intense yoga session. So it becomes a sensation, not pain, it is not frightening and you are in complete control of how it feels at all times. The whole crux of Hypnobirthing is about letting go of fear. I can honestly tell you my son's labour was not painful, I actually enjoyed it, and my clients say the same thing.

Best of luck.
olivia.hypnomamma

To the Tassie ladies - I've had a look on the directory and you're right there are no Hypnobirthing practitioners in Tasmania. That's such a shame as the course is really beneficial for learning and practicing hypnosis techniques and reinforces the essential aspects but don't worry because there is still plenty you can do that will benefit you. Grab a copy of Hypnobirthing, the Mongan Method and read it. And ask your partner to read it too. Everything you need to know is in this book. If you fall in love with the philosophies then it's already having a positive effect on you. The book comes with a CD in the back sleeve that contains the hypnosis relaxation track. Practice listening to that everyday until birth. You will find it helps with insomnia, pregnancy pains, anxiety surrounding birth and generally shifts all thinking to a positive natural easy birth. If there are any specific questions you have after reading the book I'd be happy to answer them via email.

Id love to clear up a myth surrounding pain. What Hypnobirthing teaches you is to have a completely different relationship with the pain. It's like the exilirating pain you might feel from completing a marathon or pushing yourself physically in an intense yoga session. So it becomes a sensation, not pain, it is not frightening and you are in complete control of how it feels at all times. The whole crux of Hypnobirthing is about letting go of fear. I can honestly tell you my son's labour was not painful, I actually enjoyed it, and my clients say the same thing.

Best of luck.
olivia.hypnomamma

Thanks ladies for all of your advice.

AND thank you Olivia.hypnomamma for your advice. I have actually bought the book- Hypnobirthing, The original method by Dr Michelle Leclaire O'Neill and have bought 3 CD's of hers off ITunes to listen to everyday. I listened to one of them yesterday and started reading the book and I am feeling so much more relaxed about giving birth already. I will just have to make sure that I keep listening to the CD's and practice relaxation. I practice relaxation in yoga and have for years so thats why I thought this method would work for me.

Good luck to everybody else smile xx

Best of luck.
olivia.hypnomamma

The lady who I did it with was called Kim Charbonneau, she lived in Ulverstone. I just gave her card away last week so I don't have her number any more, I'll see if I can track it down...

Hi There,
Yes we tried hypnobirthing for our 2nd child born in December and it was an amazing experience. It works, but you do have to put in the training with your birthing partner and make sure the midwife you choose is totally supportive or this method of birthing.
Can recommend the Mongan method hypnobirthing book & doing a course with Helen at www.positivebirths.co.nz
Cheers
Samantha.

Hi Ladies,

I am looking into Hypnobirthing for the birth of our first bub in September. Just wondering if anybody out there has used this method and if you would be willing to share your stories/experiences...
Hi,
I thought I'd try hypnobirthing for this pregnancy too.

I found an iPhone app called Ihypnobirth which I'm trying as I didn't want to do a class
Sign in to follow this topic