Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Rubella immunity. Lock Rss

Yep I'm like that too. I have had three rubella vaccinations and I still have no immunity. Very frustrating!

First we had Each Other, Then we had You, Now we have Everything

Yep, my sister has no immunity despite having the immunisations.

i have had something like 5 vaccines for rubella and my son even had his shots for it.. im still "not" immune according to all blood tests and 2 months after my son had the shot for MMR he ended up with rubella. It isnt really anything to worry about.
2andanotherontheway wrote:
i have had something like 5 vaccines for rubella and my son even had his shots for it.. im still "not" immune according to all blood tests and 2 months after my son had the shot for MMR he ended up with rubella. It isnt really anything to worry about.
It could be something to worry about as it can cause birth defects if you get it whilst pregnant

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

You would have to be pretty unlucky to get it - rubella currently occurs at less than 2 cases per million people here in Australia. Its contracted through aerosolization of the virus (ie, coughing, sneezing) and causes flu like symptoms with a rash, and in adults, can cause joint pain. The actual disease is usually very mild, the main concern is contracting it while pregnant - obviously what you're concerned about.
Rubella in pregnancy is usually only ever an issue if contracted before 20 weeks of pregnancy.

Rubella is asymptomatic in 20-50% of cases. However, symptoms can include transient rash, swollen lymph nodes, and no respiratory symptoms. Adults might experience arthritis or joint pain. Diagnosis is further hindered by the fact it can look like other viruses, and symptoms can be fleeting; in fact the only way to get a history of Rubella accepted is by positive serology.

Sign in to follow this topic