Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. I am scared of going into labour

I am scared of going into labour Rss

I am A 20 yr old and due in about 1 1/2 weeks, I just can't put my labour to reality

Allison, QLD, 9 mth baby

Don't worry- I don't think anyone can if they haven't been through it before. When the time comes you will probably surprise yourself with the way you handle it. I was scared too - but it is a natural process and you will get through it. My advice is to keep calm, think postive and go with the flow. Just think- you will have your beautiful little baby in your arms in a few days time!
hey there

i am due in a week and a half aswell and im absolutly scared too but you know what the way i look at it is that woman have been doing this for thousands of years and been ok so if they can do it then i know i can too. but i do bare in mind that its going to be very painful but i think if you go into it thinking the worst you will only make it harder on yourself so if you stay positive then things will end up being alot easier than you prolly thought good luck to you and if you want to email me my email addy is ruby@slingshot.co.nz

take care and good luck

renee edd 14.12.03

Good on you Ruby, that is exactly the way you should be at this late stage in your pregnancy- though it is scarier with your first- I was also scared with my second but everything turned out ok. When it was the actual time for baby to come, I realised just how more relaxed I was knowing that "this was it".... may sound funny and you may think I'm rediculous.. but enjoy it as much as possible- this is a great thing and the outcome in the end is just unbeleivable.

Good luck to all you new mums to be, you'll all be great.

Susan, QLD, mo2 = B3y4m & G18m

Thanks for your msg, You sound very reassuring and it's amazing how much better you feel after A little support. Everything you said is so true.

Allison, QLD, 9 mth baby

Lillian I just had my little girl over three weeks ago she was my first to. When its time to go to the hospital just try and keep carm.Labour was much better than what I expected I think its because people like to tell you about there labour and what went wrong just keep an open mind and you will do fine.
Pina
Hi,

I was also worried about labour and was seriously considering a ceaserian, I was talked out of it by my husband and said id see how I go.

After being induced, 7 hours later I had been in constant pain and they told me this was nothing and this was just ripening. I complained and told them i'd had enough and wanted a epidural.

They took me for an epidural and found I was 10 cm dilated, so i was right and they were supprised as 1 hour previously I was only 1 cm.

With an epidural and another 5 hours later I had a baby boy, have an epidural and it wasn't too bad, especially looking back.
I was 20 when I had my first and was so scared about having my son. The stupid thing is that when you are in labour, you dont worry about it, you worry more about the small things. For example, I had a fear of using the telephone, dont know why, just stupid little things like that.

You are going to be fine as long as you have a good support team and let everyone know what you want and when you want it.

Stay strong.

Connor 24/1/03, Oliver 8/6/04, Zachary 5/12/07

Hi,i have just had my third child a few months ago and with my second two i was a bit scared but as i went through labour it went so smoothly and was easier than the first, and with the third it was a breeze, so you'll be write, keep positive it did me well.

Chow

Ngari 25, mother of 3

Congratulations on your Pregnancy!!
You will be fine, It is scary at first but thats normal. Just take your time and try to Relax. All will go well with you and Baby. If we can do it, You can do it too. Kia Kaha and all the Best.
Sign in to follow this topic