Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. premmie baby 14 weeks too early

premmie baby 14 weeks too early Lock Rss

Merry Christmas,
It sounds as though Caitlin is doing very well. I haven't been in your situation so I can only try to imagine how you are feeling, but, I do know one thing & that is that we are thinking of you & cheering for every little achievement Caitlin makes. Congratulations on her weight gains. I am betting that she will be 1.2kg by Christmas!
Thinking of you!
Anniesmum
hey all
i mist start are we all sitting!?!
caitlin is now 982 GRAMS!!! she is getting weighed tonight i recond when i see her tomorrow there going to say she is 1 Kg and im gunna CRY! with joy....anniesmum i have a message from grandad (my dad) u cant have that weight thats his guess..lol
she hasnt been off cpap at all guyz she got reflux the poor thing, im playing the waitting game and at the moment i just want her home..
her head size is 24 cm and she is on 14 mills off milk every two hrs...until next time....keep those vibes going guyz....
from kaz

karen,NSW, mummy to Caitlin Born 14 weeks early

Hi Kaz,
Great to hear of Caitlin's progress. I will change my prediction to 1.3 kg! (although I think 1.2kg is going to be a winner!). I hope you get to have a special cuddle on Christmas Day. Thinking of you,
anniesmum
Hi kaz-april congratulations on the safe arrival of your bundle of joy.My birthday is on the 11/11 aswell so im sure she will be a sure fighter .My niece was born at 26weeks preg and only weighed 615grams with a 50/50 chance and was in hospital until her due date she is now 6years old and fighting fit you wouldnt know any difference now . It is an emotional time but she will be just fine gaining weight is always a positive .Im 29weeks pregnant and due on 3rd of march so i difinately feel for you .Goodluck and merry christmas

Gillian,wa,29 weeks pregnant

hi all
a new update (tepe i think u might wanna change ur guess again) she is NOW 1060grams WERE OVER THE KG MARK!
she is aso brething on her own 2 hrs every 12 hrs!!
doing really well guyz!
goodluck maxsmum!

Hi,

Well i couldn't be happier at being wrong this time! Thats great news, keep up the good work mum and Caitlin!

Great to hear she is starting to breath on her own too!

Thanks for keeping us informed,
Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Well done kaz_april!!! Little Caitlin seems to be improving all the time. I had a similar experience with my first born son. He was 15 weeks premmie, and unfortunately didn't survive. We lost him at 3 weeks and 3 days. But now we have a healthy boy whos turning 1 in a week and I've just found out I'm pregnant again. All my best wishes for you and bub's!! Those ICU nurses are angels and I'm sure little Caitlin will be a strong healthy baby when she leaves.

Kimberley, QLD, 2yo son

hey kimberleyerin
yeah she is a fighter she is now 1133 on xmas day...tepe u lost the guessing comp lol..caitlins uncle won!
she is good.....well i must amit she is been really lazy guyz relaying on the cpap too much now and wont come off it..they are talking about giving her a shop of seroids to boost her up...have to wait and see...........geez kim thats not good...what happened to ur little on?
i dunno what id do if i lost her...u look at the everyday and ask why has it got to be her whoz fighting but then now i look at her and say why am i so lucky to have a beatiful daughter....we loook at life differently... we dont take the little things for granted any more...we apreachate them a lot more!

Hi,

Only too happy to hear i am the loser...LOL! It sounds like little Caitlin is taking a bit of a holiday, back to work now though, the holiday season is almost over!

Sorry to hear about your first little one Kimberley, congrats on No2 and No3!

Hope to hear more from both of you,
Tianne

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hi kaz_april,
Great to hear of baby Caitlin's weight gains. How is she going with the cpap now? You must be so exhausted I can only try to imagine. Thinking of you,
Anniesmum
hey all
caitlin is now 1208 grams!!!!
she is now 6 hrs on and 6 hrs off the CPAP!
she doing great!!
didnt expect her to be off and breathin on her own at all this week!
shes great!

hi caitlin seems to be going well, what a fighter and even better she is breathing on her own.

Jasmin, SA, Kye 23/01/02 and Caleb 23/03/04

Sign in to follow this topic